Actual Chronographed Speeds

C

canhunter

What are people shooting with actual known measured factors. No guessing or computer models with everything actualy measured and weighed then shot over a chronograph. I have seen some crazy figures that never seem to prove out when you get the measuring equipment out. If you know all the figures like below please post it. If you are guessing or going on what it is supposed to be able to do please don't post. I think it would be interesting to see what really is.

Mathews LX 29"
64lb Draw
406gr Arrows
274 fps

Bowtech Tribute
29" 70 lb smooth mods
386 grain arrow= 288 fps
440 grain arrow= 272 fps
same bow
29.5" 68 lbs fast mods
386 grain arrow=296 fps

Mathews Outback
28 1/2" draw
80% let off
64 lbs draw
402 grn arrow
254 FPS avg

I shot 5 different arrows 5 shots each with only 2 FPS variation, I was amazed at the repeatability.

Coonhound, I looked at the Washington Regulations when looking up that Entiat and Swakane unit. There are a lot of posts about them and they seem to be the unit to hunt in Washington. I can't help but notice it looks like the same bow you hunted and killed the fork horn with. Washington has a 65% let off requirement, so how do you get around that? Did they change it after they published the regs?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-06 AT 03:58PM (MST)[p]CSS Swampmaster Pro 34 (say what???)
30 1/2" draw length
80lb draw
452 gr arrow
289 fps

I like kinetic energy...

Based on the models when I got the bow I was supposed to be shooting about 305 fps, but like you said, you don't really know until you shoot it over the chrony.

Rackem

INTERVIEW WITH GOD
http://www.livingwaters.com/interview/index.shtml

Mathews switchback xt
29inch draw
406grain arrow
66lbs
284fps

A great bow in my opinion...

No let off would be good on those times you get caught. Loose some arrow speed but gain the other way.

Thanks everyone. IMO but this is true information that helps with the truth on what our equipment is doing. Hope to see more. Anyone with a bow rated at 330fps IBO have some true data?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-06 AT 11:52PM (MST)[p]Washington dropped all letoff regulations this year. I shot it at 65% before this year. The Outback has a draw stop that can be moved to achieve either 65% or 80%.

Rackem,

You must be a brute, 30 1/2" draw and 80lbs
I can hardly draw an 80lb bow, maybe I'm just a....never mind

How do you calclate the grain of your arrows. Ive never put alot of thought into it.

MM Member since 1999. Jake H

Jake:

I weigh my entire arrow, inculding the broadhead, on a digital grain scale for an accurate weight.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Hoyt Ultratec cam.5
27.5" - 64 lbs draw
392 grain arrow
256 fps

BMG Extreme Riser w/ Samick Masters recurve limbs
27.5" - 46 lbs draw
336 grain arrow
207 fps off the fingers

Reflex Buckskin (by Hoyt)
29"
70lb
75% let off
415 gr Blackhawk Vapor 5000
275 fps.

Bow is rated at 306 IBO.

-Lowedog

Bowtech Allegiance (07, I just got it last week)
27.5"
71 #
360 grain Goldtip
291 fps

Byron

Byron, Did you happen to get a chance to check out the new Bowtech guardian when you bought your bow? I am thinking of buying a new bow and that one looks interesting.

-Lowedog

Actually weigh it on a scale ready to hunt. I just use my RCBS digital powder scale. Take it to a store and have them demo a scale.

Lowedog:

I shot it and must admit, it's the quietest bow I've ever shot. It has blazing speed while remaining dead in the hand too. Honestly, I don't know how Hoyt and Mathews are going to keep up sales against the new BowTec Guardian. That's a huge statement coming from a longtime Hoyt man! :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

Sportsmans Warehouse has a great deal on a digital grain scale. I think I paid $30 for mine. It is very accurate and gives a very fast reading.

Lowedog, I didn't wait for the Guardian. I wanted to shoot it but nobody had one around SLC. I was really impressed with the allegiance, it has maybe a slight bit more recoil at the shot than some of the other bows I shot, but at almost a half pound lighter I thought that was acceptable. I can't believe how fast the thing shoots compared to my old PSE Firestorm. I did do alot of research on the other archery forums, and if you can read through all the brand loyal jokers, it sounds like the Guardian is an amazing bow. I probably should have waited to shoot it, oh well maybe next year.

Byron

What was the sticker price on the Guardian? Looks like I will need to find a pro shop and shoot one. A guy can pick up a Trykon on Ebay now though fully set up for around $500!

-Lowedog

99' martin panther 370 gr carbonforce radial x weave 300
255 fps at 60 pounds

test shote the new martin bangle at 65POUNDS SAME ARROW WITH A WISKER BISKIT AT 305 FPS.

GOT TO LOVE ALL THE ADVANCMENTS IN THE LAST SEVEN YEARS VIBRATION WISE

MOSELEY MIDDLETON

I shot a friends Bengal last week. That is a very impressive bow, for the price. Actually for any price.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-06 AT 06:40PM (MST)[p]Mathews Switchback XT. 345 gr. @ 315.4 fps.
30" draw 70 lb.
Goldtip ultralights
85 gr. Spitfire
2" blazer vanes

Looks like the Switchback is a screamer! I just bought a new Trykon off of ebay. I'll post speeds when I get the bow and have it all set up.

-Lowedog

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-06 AT 10:31PM (MST)[p]

07 Bowtech Tribute w/ speed mods
360 grn. CX Maximas
28.5 DL @ 72#
310 fps

Have a Guardian on the way. I've shot it a few different times and man, is it a sweet shooter!

Have any of you bowtech owners tried the speed mods on your bow? If I can get a little more speed I may give them a try, but I hear its a harsher draw cycle.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-20-06 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Byron,

I have used the speed mods since BT introduced them on their bows. There is a bit more of a hump, but nothing drastic. Go down to your local shop and try them for yourself.

Bowtech Old Glory 31"
70lb Draw
450gr ACC's
296 fps

This setup produces 87 ft pounds of energy. I love my bowtech bow. Its fast, accurate, and forgiving. By far the best bow I have owned. I shot the new bowtech, hoyt, and mathews. Surprisingly the mathews had the most recoil? That isn't like mathews. The bowtech is nice but that riser would take some getting used to. I hate to say this but the new hoyt was the best of the three. FAST, no recoil, and smooth all the way through the draw cycle. I have never been a fan of hoyt but this is a great bow. I still won't give up my old glory, at least for a few years.

05' Bowtech Allegiance 31"
425g Carbon Express Maximas
300FPS
Shooting with D loop

Official Pope & Young Measurer
Official Boone & Crockett Measurer
RMEF Liftime Member

Diamond Black Ice 29"
71lb Draw
350gr Arrows
298 fps with wisker bisket
303 fps with rip-cord

blackice_bow_lrg.jpg

2005 Allegiance 70lb 29" DL, 400g arrow = 294fps

2006 Allegiance 60lb 29" DL, 400g arrow = 278fps

2002 Patriot 70lb 29" DL, 400g arrow = 270fps
set at 63LB = 256fps

Incidently, the birth certificate speeds are right in line with how these bowtechs have shoot on my chronograph.

My Sons:

Martin Jaguar 53lbs 26"DL, 322g arrow = 220fps
400g arrow = 200fps

Well I got my new Hoyt Trykon and was a little dissapointed at the speed. I thought it would be about 10fps faster than my Buckskin. It's really smooth and quiet though.

Reflex Buckskin (by Hoyt)
29"
70lb
75% let off
275 fps.
Bow is rated at 306 IBO.

Hoyt Trykon XL
29"
70lb
80% let off
275 fps.
Bow is rated at 314 IBO.

I'd like to shoot over another chrono and see what I get as it's a little strange that I get the exact same reading. My chrono is pretty old.

-Lowedog

here is my setup.
05 hoyt Ultratec with 65% letoff
29" draw
59lbs.

3D Carbon Express CXL 2 250 shafts 324.00GR. 285 Ft/sec
hunting Carbon Express 250 Maximas 336.00GR. 283 Ft/sec
I do use a heavier shaft on Elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom