Adjustable peep for T/C Encore?

badlander

I currently have a WGRS peep on a T/C Pro Hunter 209x.50 and am interested in upgrading to and adjustable model with the front globe sight/crosshair insert as Idahoron has suggested in several of his posts.

I have been unable to find an adjustable model with target knobs, thumbscrews or otherwise for the TC Encore. The Williams foolproof is available in an Encore model but without the target knobs through midway.

Can anyone direct me to an adjustable peep for the TC encore, or is it easy to add a thumbscrew to the Williams Foolproof? I have been hesitant to spend the $ on it not being sure if it will work.

Thank You in advance!

Idahoron uses the Lyman rear and front sights, try the Lyman web site or call a lyman dealer like midway-usa.

Lyman does not list one for the Encore, Williams has the fool proof but without the target knobs on it so it can be field adjusted it is no different than the WGRS while hunting.

I am trying to get as close as I can to the "Idahoron" setup as I can with out having to have a bunch of gunsmithing done.

I am not so sure you want the target knobs. I have them for the Lyman and to be honest I don't like them. The thing about the Lyman is they have a button the you push and slide the sight into place. So you set the sight at 100 and carry it around. Once you see somthing to shoot, lets say 150. All you do is push the button and slind the sight into place. I didn't want to have to count clicks while looking at a 30" mule deer.
The extra fine pin that I use is a Lee SHavers insert. You have to be able to aim small. Most front sights are way too big for MOA shooting. Ron

I agree with that, I spent a couple of weekends at the range working on a load with the gun and you reach a point with the front bead where you (read "I") just can't get the groups any tighter - for me that was 3-4" groups at 100 yards which is plenty good I suppose to kill a deer, but I know the gun is capable of better than that and I want to give it a try.

I'll do some more research on the lyman I guess as that is definately a big benifit to have the gross adjustment in addition. Does anyone know if Lyman makes one factory fitted for the TC encore?

One more question about the globe front and the shavers croshair insert, how much trouble do you have seeing the fine wire crosshair in low light situations? I am from Minnesota and the bulk of my muzzleloader hunting is for whitetail deer and low light shooting is the norm. I chase muleys whenever I can, but I need to keep it functional at home too.

I already have a couple of different sized standard and twilight aperatures for the WGRS peep that I am currently using and those help quite a bit, but I am a little concern what happens when I lose the fiber optics?

The fine Shavers pin is the most accurate for me. The fine crosshair is good for most hunting. I have painted the inside of the globe with white paint, this helps see it a BUNCH. The crosshair or pin is painted with glow in the dark paint. After you charge the paint with a flash light it will last about 30 minutes, but I have never used it like that.
When I shot my deer last year the second shot was at about 40 to 50 yards. The buck was running and I pulled on him. The globe was filled with hair. Your eye automaticly centers the front sight. I never saw my front pin. I shoot a lot of chukar so I guess that helped. I I swung through, and fired, and punched him through the lungs on the run.
What I am saying is I have used mine in low light and I like them. In low light you can switch to a larger insert if you need to. But no matter the sight 100 yards in low light is not good. 50 yards is probably a long shot in low light with open sights. I like the peep and globe. Ron

Well, I jumped part way off of the bridge today and ordered the 17aml globe & the parts and pieces to fit it on the encore, and the shavers inserts. I am going to test them out next weekend with the WGRS peep and see how I like that.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom