Admiral - What # limbs do I have...

EROCK1313

I just bought a barely used Admiral after plenty of suggestions on here, but just want to verify that I got the correct poundage bow. Anyone know how to tell what pound limbs I have?

I have searched on the Bowtech site and Google and through the Owner's Manual, but can't seem to find any specifics.

If anyone can direct me, I would appreciate it. Thanks in Advance!!

?-ERock-> ?

is there a sticker on the limbs? Try a bow scale or take it to a shop and have them check the poundage.

Has no sticker, but I guess I could just max it out and have the shop pull it. Too bad it's gonna be Sunday in Utah and shops are closed.

Does anyone else know how to tell the actuall limb poudage max based of numbers or some other mark on the bow?

?-ERock-> ?

The only numbers printed ON the bow will be the serial # on the outside of the grip area on the riser. If you can't find a bow scale to determine which poundage of limbs, you can call Bowtech and give them the serial # and they should be able to tell you what limbs were on the bow when it left the factory.

BOHNTR )))---------->

If you look at the front of the limb on the rizer side there should be some #'s on the underside of the limb. like 170 or 150 it wont tell what the poundage is but those #'s identify the poundage. I have a 70 lb Admiral and can look to see if they are the same as mine. the limbs will be different on the left side of the bow it will be different than the right side. I hope I am making sence to you.

Sagebucks - The number on my limbs is "199", does this match your 70 pounder?

Everyone Else - If the number above matches anyone else's #'s on their limbs, please let me know what Max pound your Admiral is and maybe I can figure this out?

I appreciate everyone's help!

?-ERock-> ?

LAST EDITED ON May-18-10 AT 12:47PM (MST)[p]Ok, so I took some advise from above and went and had my bow poundage max checked - 65lbs! This means I did not get a 60-70lb bow as I initially was told. :eek: So to double check, I called Bowtech (you have to do an internet search just to find their number cause it's not on their site). According to Bowtech, the numbers on the inside of the limb near the riser tell the poundage, so the "199" on my limbs equal a 50-60lb bow.

Next, I had him run the Serial Number to see if this bow originally came with these limbs from the factory. He could not find the exact number in his system, but said that Serial Numbers close to mine in the series; came with 60-70lbs limbs.

So after these questions, I asked if it was common for the MAX to be that far out of spec, i.e. 65lb max on my bow instead of the 60lb max stated by the "199" limbs. I know it is not uncommon for a bow to be 1-3lbs over, but 5 lbs?? The guy said it could be because the Cables have too much twist...

What do you guys think?? How do I check for the cable being twisted too much or are these really 65lb limbs that did not show in their system somehow (which explains the missing Serial Number in the sequence)??

In either case, 63lbs (my current setting) feels more like the 70lbs on my single cam Bear Truth (unless of course that is wrong too...lol), is that also common for the Twin Cams...to feel like more weight than a single cam??

I apologize for the lengthy response, just trying to get answers since now it seems like a bigger issue that may lead to other problems.

Also, I bought new Maxima arrows and am trying to figure if it's worth it to keep the 350's I bought based off thinking I bought a 60-70lb bow (non returnable since Sportsman's cut them, even though I bought them from them the day before ), or buy more Strikers at a heavier 125 grain weight (after I already bought 3 packs of 100 grain)or just see if someone will trade me Maxima 250's and keep the 100 grain Strikers I already invested in.......?

Help!?!?!?!

?-ERock-> ?

Thanks Sagebucks!

Since Bowtech states that mine is a 50-60lb based off the "199" on my limbs, I am going to go check out another 60lb at Sportsmans today just to verify.

I think I will also take my other bow (Bear Truth) too to have them check the draw weight since it is supposedly set at 70lbs and is feels the same as drawing back the 63lb of the Admiral. I am then going to do a side by side Admiral test so that I can see if it's just me or the actual bow that has issues...LoL!

?-ERock-> ?

LAST EDITED ON May-20-10 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-20-10 AT 04:23?PM (MST)

Erock I would contact the person you bought the bow from. If you didnt get what you paid for. Also I doubt the cables are twisted that much to make it 5lbs heavier draw. Does bowtech use different sized cams for different draw length. That may be another problem. Those limbs may be for another sized cam at 60-70. If you keep the bow check archerytalk. Someone may want/trade you those limbs for the ones you need. Also that number refers to the deflection rate of the limbs. As far as your arrows I would shoot them and see how the bow reacts. Most bows will shoot an arrow a little bit overspined well. You could always screw in some 125gr fieldpoints and see how they shoot. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom