Advice for stay in Casper

martinc

We drew tags for deer 89 and antelope 63. We plan to overnight in Casper. We are looking for a place to have our game processed, any recommendation ? We are also looking for a motel with kitchenette to cook quick meals in the evening.

Thanks for your help

Martin

Congrats on the 89 Deer tag. I've been trying to draw that one for a few years now with no success. We used Pats Meat Discounters in Mills and plan on again this year. They did a great job for us.

(307) 237-7549

702 S 6th Ave, Mills, WY 82604

Good luck this year!

Pats Meats off of Poison Spider Rd up in MIlls. Then fill up with gas at the Jug-n-loaf down the street....cheapest gas in town! W've been going to Pats for 20 years. It's changed hands several times but really haven't had any bad experiences with any of the owners. Make sure you take the anal canal out or they'll charge you $10 to do it. LOL

M'Balz Es Hari

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-13 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]We have stayed at the Super 8 Motel back at the big Intersection on Cy Ave & Hwy 258 and drove by thru Mills a lot of times and never even realized that they did processing...thanks for the heads up on the place.
Last year we stayed in the Super 8 Motel up off I-25 & Hwy 220 nice Motel too. Easy on and off ramps there. Don't know if they have kitchenettes or not.
Google Motels in Casper with Kitchenettes and it should give you a good list of options to choose from.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Parkway plaza is nice. on Wednesday nights they have lingerie show.

Best western is always nice. If you decide to stay their let me know and I can get you a discount. { That goes for anyone}

Cant help with the kitchenettes.

be careful with the super 8. The older one a kid found a condom on the floor stuffed in his mouth and got hepatitis. Also don't ever use a coffee pot in a motel. That same super 8 people were pissing in the coffee pots.

I know you asked specifically about Casper, so if you are committed to stay in Casper, just ignore this. But another option is to stay in Alcova. My Dad and I hunted 63 a couple of years ago and we stayed at a little place in Alcova for a night. They have some cabins there behind the Sloane's general store. You can google the store or Alcova Inn or something like that and find it. They had a kitchen and were clean. If we were going to that area again, that is definitely where we would stay a night or two. We usually camp much of the time, but it is nice to get a room and have a shower occasionally. We liked the place and it was definitely nice to be closer to the area than Casper.

Long story, but we had to make an unplanned trip back to Casper during our hunt because of a vehicle problem. We checked Alcova on our way out and they were booked (so if you plan to stay there you will need reservations, they said they fill up in hunting season). We ended up staying at one of the Super 8 motels in question I think. I would have to look, but I know I saved a business card because it was really reasonably priced and they had a good breakfast ready very early. They definitely catered to a hunting crowd. Of course, now I am wondering if I had coffee in the room and I am just trying not to think about that. Heck, I try not to think about what nasty things might go on in any motel room where I stay!

Good luck on your hunt. Let me know if you need any info.

Above I stated we stayed last year at this place Last year we stayed in the Super 8 Motel up off I-25 & Hwy 220 nice Motel too.
WRONG....it was a LaQuinta Motel...clean and nice and close to a few good restaurants and easy access to highway from there too.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Hi WITU
It is probably The Inn at Alcova, Sloanes General Store. I'm in touch with them, they didn't have openings but we might get a cabin if they have a cancellation. Thanks for your comment.

Martin

That is the place. Hopefully something will open up for you there. I think that will suit your needs well.

You may know 63 well, but if not, shoot me a PM and I will give you some information on a spot that worked out well for us when we went. I will have to dig out my map. Also, I have to take my son a scout camp out today, so I won't be back on here until Sunday or Monday, but if it will help you, I'll send you the information then.

I've only stayed in a few places in Casper. The best was the Sand and Sage Motel, 901 W. Yellowstone Hwy. Google it and you can see right where it is.

You'll have to call to see if they have rooms with a kitchenette.

Clean, affordable price, helpful owner.

I'd stay there again over the other places I've tried.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom