Advice on Brute Force 750

out4elk

Please set aside all the arguments that have arisen lately regarding ATV's

I have the opportunity to get an 05 Brute Force for a very, very good price. I have had a chance to ride the thing for a decent test drive. I feel comfortable that it is in Excellent like new shape.

Currently I have a Suzuki 500 Quadrunner and aside from a few design flaws have enjoyed the bike thoroughly with no mechanical issues since 98.

I have researched the BF for a couple days and have a few concerns I want to verify or get rid of.

1. How many miles have you guys gotten from a tank of gas. My Suzuki gets 50-55 miles per tank so that is what normal (good) is to ME. I can't find any data stating this factor.

2. How many of you have actually had issues with the tie rods/tie rod ends? I have heard rumors but have not seen first hand.

3. Popping and backfiring. From what I have read this is an intermitten proplem with available fixes, I would like to know how many (if any) of you have experienced this.

Overall I am really impressed with the machine and excited for the improvements over my current bike I just want a little more info on these issue before i decide how to deal with the matter.

I rode one the other day and was impressed with the power but not much else. It felt like it was very top heavy and the center of gravity was high. My good friend has one and doesn't mistreat it or anything and he has had it in the shop three times for electrical problems, not sure what.
I think that all new bikes are good and if you get it for a steal than buy it.

}}-SLIVER-->

I read the test results from Hunting Illustrated results on the bigger quads , and the Brute Force got high feed back on the motor . Overall sounded like a real solid 4wheeler . I actually love its looks , but think I'd have to go with the suzuki 700 , that efi is sure nice in cold weather ..But if your getting a great deal on a great shape 4x , I say do it...NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom