Advice re accuracy

slowbow

A few years ago I sent an action to Christensen Arms and had a 300rum built with a lightweight barrel and stock. I do not hand load and I have tried 4-5 different factory loads and can't get 100yard groups under 3".I've shot it with and without the brake and I've switched out the mounts and scope, even switched out the shooter.

I gun is clean and the crown is free of any damage and I don't know what else to check.

Shouldn't a gun like this be able to shoot 1moa with factory loads? Any suggestions?

Slobow

What factory rounds have you tried? Also many things can cause groups like this. Is the rifle bedded? Freefloated? Was this a rebarrel or did CA just turn your exsiting barrel and carbon wrap?

The action was fitted with a new carbon wrapped shilen and placed in a custom stock. It is free floated the entire barell/stock length.

I have shot federal premium and nosler custom rounds, in addition to 3 others.

I did contact Christensen via email and received an immediate reply (first by email and a follow-up by phone)and the gun is going back to them for inspection.

shilen barrels are Junk!

LOL, just kidding! When you pay that kind of money for a rifle, you expect the dang thing to shoot. Good to hear that they are going to stand behind their product.

Good luck with it!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I have heard of some christensen barrels needing to be sent back. Its not that uncommon. I would suggest trying a bullet such as a barnes ttsx also. Most RUM I have been around will shoot barnes very well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom