Advise please

RdRdrFan

So there is a member on here (who happens to be an outfitter) and I purchased a rangefinder from them. It wasn't listed in the classifieds to so don't try to figure out who I'm talking about. Anyway, first a price was agreed upon and then he came back and wanted more money for shipping. Ok, not that big of a deal but kinda screwball. Then I send the money and it's been nearly two weeks and I don't have my rangefinder. I know that he is out guiding hunts because his wife was the one who delivered the message (via email......all correspondence has been via email) that he wanted more money to cover shipping. She told me that he was out until the end of the month but that she would ship it as soon as I sent the money. Well, not having a rangefinder at this point would be concerning in and of itself. But now the email address doesn't work and the "office" number on the outfitters website has been disconnected. The cell number still works but goes straight to voicemail. I'm assuming this is because he is out hunting with clients but I have left two messages on the cell and have not gotten any response.

This outfitter posts on this forum and I don't want to call someone out in a manner that could damage their livelihood but I'm not willing to take one on the chin either. So how long do you wait in this situation to allow things to be resolved before calling the person out publicly?

Wanted more money for shipping???? Flat rate postage isn't enough to charge extra cash on sale of an item. How much extra was they wanting? If it was $25 bucks or less than I could see that, but more doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. I would think at least another week to two at max, since most outfitter hunts run 1-2 weeks in length is the norm. Hope it works out for you.
WVBOWAK

He'll give it to you when the hunts are over. Was the check cashed?
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

My Thoughts Exactly justr!:D

No matter who it is you might as well Tell us,He's had more than enough time and there's no sense in somebody else getting shafted because they didn't know!

I'll bet the RangeFinder is Depreciating with Wear & Tear as we speak!

For "GOSH" Sakes,We got "TARDS" on this Site that can't handle a Damn,I Mean DANG thing,maybe MM should add a Church/Biblical Forum for the MM'ers that can't handle the Hunting Forums?
Pfffffffffff............!!!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Hey Eel!

Pay attention!

Big Game Season in TARDville go's on for several more months!

That RangeFinder will be JUNK by then!

For "GOSH" Sakes,We got "TARDS" on this Site that can't handle a Damn,I Mean DANG thing,maybe MM should add a Church/Biblical Forum for the MM'ers that can't handle the Hunting Forums?

I would see if it was too late to stop payment, seeing as how this guy has basically ripped you off by using "your" rangefinder for hisbusiness.
WVBOWAK

I would start raising he ll !!!! Who would try to sell something they can't deliver in a timely manner??

Who is it????

10 minutes from now......that is BS and I would post the dirtbags name right now!

You can't convince me of any excuse that would prevent a call back. I HATE that kind of chit!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Wasn't there an outfitter a few back who hosed somebody out of an entire pre paid big game hunt?
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

i would be a little impatient. take care of your prioritys before you leave for a month.

until then guess you better practice on guessing a range till you got your rangefinder

I'll say it. The guy's a jerk and you should proceed against him as if he's attempting to defraud you.

I wouldn't necessarily do it through this forum, in part because I don't know that it would be effective. I'd suggest making certain of the facts, which would include a visit to his physical location (if that is logistically realistic).

Send a certified letter and proceed legally.

(When I say "make certain", I mean that his dad didn't die in the last two weeks. Anything short of that is simply being a jerk.)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

You want some advice?Dont trust an outfitter!

For GODS sake there are a bunch of PC pussies in this world!

I appreciate everyone's opinion. I'm going to leave him one more message tomorrow. If I don't have a call back by the end of the day I'll post it up.

You don't necessarily need to bash him....simply ask if anyone on the forum knows where he is or how to get a hold of him. Everyones already going to know you are upset about it. As mentioned before, something may have happened to him. I've flown off the handle on many occasions later to find out I should've handled things differently due to certain unavoidable circumstances of the others involved. If you're not satisfied with the responses you're getting in a couple weeks, then you've got every right to rip on him. Just my opinion....

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Wisz!

You Fly Off the Handle?

Na!

Not You!:D

I hope they get back to ya soon. What kind of rangefinder was it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Two weeks are more than enough time...

If the guy was busy hunting, or knew he would be, he shouldn't have sold it. To ask for more money- twice does not sound right.

I would stop payment if possible if the check is not cashed.

There are time to be patient, this doesn't sound like that type of situation.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. I hate crap like this too but maybe we can all learn something from however this ends up.

Bottom line is if the outfitter or his wife has your check they should have already sent the rangefinder.

Maybe the entered you into the Irish sweepstakes and you have won that lottery too. 2 weeks is way more time then what is needed to send out a package(if it fits it ships package)

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Well, I called and left another message yesterday that was a little bit more pointed. I don't know if that got him off of high center or if he may have seen this thread. Either way his story is that he is out hunting until the end of the month and accidentally ended up with the rangefinder in his equipment box as it has been his backup rangefinder for a couple of years. He assured me that it would be mailed out and I would have it by month end.

I'll give it til then.

To answer one earlier question, the rangefinder is a Leupold RX-III.

"he is out hunting
until the end of the
month and accidentally ended up
with the rangefinder in his
equipment box"

Haha right. "Accidentally". I hate when I sell something to somebody and then "accidentally" use it for another month.

Haha right. "Accidentally". I hate when I sell something to somebody and then "accidentally" use it for another month.

+100!!!! What a joke!!!

So..........his wife can't send your money back until the deal is solid?

"This dog won't hunt", as the saying goes.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

I spent a LONG time being a banker. Bankers count money, lend money and have to collect it. After all those years of collecting money, there is probably not a single story I've not already heard. (Some true (can usually work out a solution) and some not.)

This guy is not even original.

It's obviously your problem (rather than mine) but you are not being told the truth nor respected. Another 10 days or so won't make all that much difference (unless you'd actually like to USE WHAT YOU BOUGHT) but you need to DO something. Were he an honorable man, he'd drive to town, mail it and go back hunting (if his story was true)...even if he missed his sleep.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

I too was a banker for over a decade. I know when I'm being run around. I don't believe that it was an accident that he took the rangefinder with him. I just want the damn thing in my hands before the archery opener in Texas. If I lose the money on the deal it will suck but it won't be the end of the world. I just hate it when people don't act honorably.

Like Nickman said... Have his wife mail you a check back in the amount you paid..

You have more patience than me... Cause you are being screwed and disrespected... Like what was said above.. He could drive to the nearest town and mail it..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

That sucks.....I'd ask for the money to be sent back and then when the outfitter returns, ask to be sent updated pictures of the merchandise. Maybe he accidentally put it back in his gear box....does it really matter at this point? He's an outfitter- he has to tell fibs every once in a while and feel ok about doing it. You think his clients wanna hear, "nope, haven't seen a thing on the mountain yet but I'll see you on friday for your hunt, right? They wanna hear, "yep, got a good one spotted...just gotta find him and get you on him....see you Friday."

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Yep if there's one thing outfitters dont have to learn at "guide school" is how to lie their ass off.

For GODS sake there are a bunch of PC pussies in this world!

WELL............?

I'm a little arrogant and ignorant on situations like this...a man's word is his word....I'd personally hunt that dude down and confront him person to person and then KICK HIS ASS even if it did cost me triple of what I paid for the rsnge finder...I'm blessed to have the time and a little money..Right is Right and Wrong's Wrong..

He called back and said that he would send my money to back this weekend when he got home. I should have it back on Tuesday or Wednesday (at the latest).

I hope you get it back. What he did was't right.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom