Aerial Photos?

deadI

Very Active Member
Has anyone out there found any sites where you can veiw aerial photos for free, the only one I have found is http://terraserver-usa.com/ I can't seem to find any others. Also where is the best site for topo maps?

DeadI

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-04 AT 02:01PM (MST)[p]Go to jdmcox.com and download USAPhotomaps 2.31. It's about as slick as goose crap and free.

Same pics and topo's it would appear to me.. Much faster loads and it scrolls quicker/faster. Search terms don't require lat/lon either you can use towns or lakes rivers etc to get hits and go to your locale quickly, but it hasn't any of the GPS features and doesn't print well, find things quickly here, then use the other.

terraserver.microsoft.com

USAPhotomaps does use terraserver photos. It's just a nice cushion for the user. Nice thing about it is it actually downloads the photos to your computer and if you figure it out you can copy those and the program executable to a CD and take the photos on disk with you to any computer, connected to the net or not. Maybe you can do that at terraserver too, I don't know.

don't think so NV... I think the microsoft site is faster loading and navigating. So, I use it to quickly get around a new area. fool with it until I've narrowed down what I really want to focus on, then go to photomaps for the tools and better printing. Great stuff though. Saves tons of time wasted scouting from a topo, going someplace that seems like it'd be all that just to waste several miles hiking. I use this all the time. Amazing too when you are someplace and you find a clearing or opening in the woods you think is plenty good for a sit spot for whitetail and on that satelite it's barely visable, helps you know what to look for from the air. Good luck to you guys.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom