Africa books

Katoom

Anyone interested in these for the price of postage?
556A0F72-4559-49DC-853E-5D0C24326BFC.jpeg
C20F2104-497C-462A-991F-7633E976DA7D.jpeg
0B0968C2-9B65-4A31-9B01-5F7A9EF5BF0E.jpeg

The Owens "Cry of the Kalahari" is awesome and their 2nd book "Eye of the Elephant" is even better. Not African hunting books but pretty spectacular adventure true life non-fiction. I'm actually surprised no Hollywood big wig hasn't optioned the book Eye of the Elephant yet and made a movie out of it.... it's that good.

I have all the Capstick books... someone should jump on your generous offer.

Katoom - I've got a pair of SuperFeet insoles cut to size 9.5 that are too much for my taste.
They're yours if you'd rather have em than the postage $$

Death in the long grass is one of the most captivating books I’ve ever read, on any subject, by any author
Yeah I've got that one, it's a good read but if you ever talk to anyone and especially P.H.'s that have hunted with Chapstick they will tell you he was a joke and all he wanted to do was sit around and drink.

Yeah I've got that one, it's a good read but if you ever talk to anyone and especially P.H.'s that have hunted with Chapstick they will tell you he was a joke and all he wanted to do was sit around and drink.
Exactly which PH’s do you hang around that were guiding in the Luangwa Valley in Zambia, in the late 70’s (Ya know, 40 years ago)?

Or are you just spouting non-sensical gossip, that isn’t worth the digital space it takes to store the post?

Chapstick hunted many more places than the Luangwa and he hunted into the 80's as well. I had a P.H. in 2003 who hunted with him in the 80's in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) another Safari I went on the P.H. that was a retired Game Ranger knew him as well.
Professional Hunters like to talk and I've heard several stories from the old timers at SCI and DSC., They all say the same about him. There is a saying among Professional hunters in Africa "I'M NOT GOING TO CAPSTICK YOU", Which means I'm not going to lie to you. If you haven't heard it you probably haven't been there.

He was a good writer but was too drunk most of the time to do half of what he claimed. I have several of his books and he embellished a lot to say the least. The fact that he would trash talk Jim Corbett (whom he never even met) and was ten times the hunter Chapstick ever thought of being tells me all I need to know about him. His reputation as a hunter among his peers speaks for itself.

J.A. Hunter a PH in Africa from the early 1900's thru the 1950's wrote a few pretty fantastic African hunting books. Well worth grabbing them on eBay or through the reprints sold by Safari Press

Robert Ruark is really good as well.
J.A. Hunter a PH in Africa from the early 1900's thru the 1950's wrote a few pretty fantastic African hunting books. Well worth grabbing them on eBay or through the reprints sold by Safari Press

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom