AK Moose from June

berto

Very Active Member
i recently had my disposable camera developed and found this pic from a hike in June.

1002.jpg

i left the shed because i thought the hike out that day might kill me if i carried that 15 pounder through all the devils club, alder, etc.. next year i am going in "the easy way" and will bring it out then.

cheers

are you gonna beable to find it again i would have took it then thats an awesome moose antler. sure hope you can find it again.
I AM THE ULTIMATESHEDFREAK!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-07 AT 04:43PM (MST)[p]Yes, I will be able to find it, and several fresh ones, too :)

"the easy way" i referred to in my original post is over the mountains shown in this pic ;-)

IMGP0579.jpg

that hike will be a good tune-up for my dall sheep hunt...God, thank you for awesome country, amen!!!

gal how would it be to be ablt to leave one like that behind to go get a different time. if you leave sheds laying around up here they aren't going to be there vary long

Just Living The Dream

Don't go back for it! Would be very bad luck. Draw me a map and PM it. Will pick it up next july when up there fishing.

Ransom

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-07 AT 11:51PM (MST)[p]Nice pic honkey.

I don't think berto has to worry much about competition in the area. The way we went in was a 10 - 15 miles with a road for about 2 miles. The nastiness of the terrain was ridiculous with all the alders and devils club. The "easy" way as berto brought up is over the mountain which is a 3 mile, 3500 ft elevation gain hike to the top and a 2750 ft descent. All in all the trip was 14 hours of actual hiking so if anyone wants to try it out just send either one of us a PM. We did it the stupid way and made a "day" hike out of it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom