Alaska fishing lodge

T

turdherder

My dad and I are looking for a fishing lodge in alaaka, we have been looking at the pybus point lodge in ketchikan and the silver king lodge in juneau. we are looking to go for salmon and halibut, if anybody has been to these lodges or has another recommendation pm me or post it.
Thanks

I have been several times to the SilverKing Lodge out of Ketchikan but not Juneau. We have had a great time each year we go. You will be able to catch all the salmon and halibut you want. Even if you never caught a fish, the food, accomadations, scenery, etc. are worth the price--but it doesn't hurt to catch a few.

My Brother In-Law's Dad owns Sportsman's Cove Lodge on Prince of Wales Isl. Just West of Ketchikan. I worked for them for a while and caught more salmon and halibut than you can shake a stick at. Very nice first class accomodations, the nicest boats (36-42 foot custom made), gorgeous location and fantastic fishing. I wish that I would have never left!!!. Check them out at alaskasbestlodge.com or sportsmans-cove.com If you have any othe questions, feel free to shoot me a pm.

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Turdheader I think you have them backwards Pybus Pt. Lodge is out of Juneau. My wife and I were there a few years ago. Fantastic place really nice individual cabins a main lodge where everybody ate. Really nice great food check out the black bear hunting although I think Alan may have got into trouble with the bear hunting something about guiding. Over all a really nice place boih stream and ocean fishing.

I have been in the Alaskan sportfishing business for 28 years.I think Polarbear has you headed in the right direction. I have heard nothing but good things about that operation.
If you want to mix it up with a little freshwater you should also check out Baranof Wilderness Lodge at flyfishalaska.com. You will catch lots of Salmon and Halibut and also have some great freshwater fishing in the small streams. It is a smaller operation and is owned and operated by Mike Trotter. I have known Mike for over 25 years and have reffered many people to his lodge. Everyone has nothing but glowing reviews and great reports on the fishing. Which ever lodge you choose I am sure you will have a great time!

you guys are right I gottem backwards, thanks for the info, I think my dad wants to go to Pybus, but they all look good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom