Alaska Guide Creations Bino Chest Pack

R

rackman

Hey guys, I wanted to let everyone know about this great bino chest pack. I have tested out this system, and it is by far the best one I have found. It keeps your binos clean and dust free while giving you no strain on your neck. go check out there facebook page and hit the like button.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alaska-Guide-Creations-Outdoor-Products/137887962939183

515dscn2449.jpg

YA-THIS BINO SYSTEM IS BY FAR THE BEST I HAVE SEEN OR USED. IT IS CAREFULLY MADE OF QUALITY MATERIAL AND SERVES THE PURPOSE XTREMELY WELL I WOULD THINK ANY ONE WHO VALUES THEIR BINOCS WOULD USE THIS SYSTEM!!!

Rackman im sure these are great, but have had these myself for years and love them! They have no buckle to deal with and wrap around binos and hold them to your chest perfect.

6414bino_shield_4c522127ada31.jpg

9086protective_binoc_4c526002741d3.jpg

Hornkiller I have to agree with you on on that system. It is also a great one. That being said the reason I like the AGC system better is all of the pockets, along with having a solid strap rather than your normal elastic ones. I also like the fact that the binos are padded along with the guarantee, that no dust or water is getting in. I have a friend that actually has the crooked horn system, and the only thing he dislikes about it, is that his binos still get dust on the lenses, due to it not being completely closed. I dont know about you, but the more dust and dirt you have to clean off of your lenses, the more likely you are to scratch your lens. Thats just something I could not sacrifice. Again they are both good systems and both serve there own purpose. Thanks for the reply hornkiller.

I have not used the Badlands pack, but did alot of research before I bought the AGC pack. The pro to the pack that I found was the warranty. The cons were that its magnetic snap didn't keep it closed all of the time, the straps were overkill and made it uncomfortable when using a pack, they do not fit larger binos, and that they make them in China. Unlike the AGC pack that is made here in the USA. Those are a few things that I found.

I also love the AGC bino system. I have the large which fits my Leica 15x56 Geovids. I use the back pocket for my license and tag, the front for a small headlamp, the left for a bottle of wind check powder, and the right for a small pocket knife. This allows me to drop my pack at any point on a stalk, and I have my tag and license to keep me legal, wind powder to keep the wind right, a knife if I get lucky for field dressing chores, and a light if it gets dark on me. All I need is to figure out how to fit my GPS on it. That way I could mark where I drop my pack and be able to navigate back to it and find it in the dark if need be. Nothing worse than it getting pitch black out with cold and weather and not being able to find your pack on the mountain. I have been using it for about 3 years and it is very durable though it is starting to tear at one of the seams. At $60, even if I have to buy a new one every 3 or 4 years it is not going to break the bank. I don't really like the hard buckle as it can produce some noise if contacted. I thought a magnetic catch would be an improvement, but from the other posts on this site, maybe that is not the answer. On the other hand, it is nice to be able to buckle it shut for safe and secure transport of your binos. I also like the system for crawling as your optics are protected. With the original bino systems, you were dragging your binos through the brush and dirt unprotected. You do have to be careful how far you bend over though, if you bend over far enough without the lid being buckled, your binos could easily slide out and over a cliff and meet an early demise. For a mountain goat hunt in Utah, I tethered my binocs to the AGC pouch so if they did slide out, they would be caught by the tether.

I haven't tried them out, hope someone will be able to help you out with that question.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom