Alaska'n Cruise

lve2143

Very Active Member
Promised the wife we would, way back when,
for our 20th anniversary.
It's here, so leaving on 7/16.

Not sure I want to be on a boat that long.

Any of you boy's done this ??

>Promised the wife we would, way
>back when,
>for our 20th anniversary.
>It's here, so leaving on 7/16.
>
>
>Not sure I want to be
>on a boat that long.
>
>
>Any of you boy's done this
>??

My first cruise was on the USS Forrestal; it lasted almost 7 months.

Relax kick back and enjoy! They have many shore excursions so you are not on the oat all the time. The glaciers are really something to see. If they serve something you really like for dinner(like prime rib) just ask and the will bring you another no charge. Bring your binoculars I saw grizzly's feeding on the shore one day and you will see a lot of bald eagles, have fun with your bride.

THREE TIMES, YES.... BINOS A MUST. TAKE A SALMON ROD, FISH THE DOCKS IN KETCHICAN.......CAUGHT 60 SILVERS IN A FEW HOURS ON MY OWN. (JUST THROW SHINY SPOONS).........BOOM !!! BIG SILVER ON !!!!!.......................YD. (TRY NOT TO EAT TOO MUCH) !!!!

Can't get my wife on a boat or I would join you on that cruise. One thing for sure, at Ketchican look for a restaurant/bar at the top of the stairs on the hill. There was and most likely still is there the Largest King Salmon ever caught over 100 pounder.....but not by pole but caught in a fishing NET. A friend I use to work with told me about it. Keep your wife out of the Jewelry shops, could cost you a few pay checks....LOL

Have fun and enjoy the trip, I wish I was going. Some of my friends and their wives are planning on it next year in 2015.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I'm located in Juneau. Probably a port of call.

Let me know if you need any tips on what to do/see in town.

Everything that everybody else said but, if your wife's a shopper each port is a retail nightmare, prepare to hang out and shuffle from store to store with the other husbands waiting on the sidewalk, also book whatever side trips you may want to do before you leave, sometimes they fill up fast.

Almost forgot, we went carnival lines and one of the highlights was the amount of young ladies wearing thongs in the buffet line on the pool deck, I of course didn't look , but , I did have a terrible case of dry eye from not blinking the entire time at the buffet,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom