Allowed sights on a muzzleloader in Nevada?

Cass

Very Active Member
As im reading this proc it says, (c) Open sights or peep sights. The use of a sight that is operated or powered by a battery, electronics or a radioactive isotope such as tritium is prohibited.
my question is, what scopes have a battery, electronics, or a radioactive isotope? or is nevada the way it's always been? Open / peep sights, they just used a fancier description to make their point.

-Cass

There are a bunch of red dot sights that use batteries as well as scopes that have illuminated cross hairs. There are also several sights that use radioactive dots that glow in the dark usually referred to as "night sights". Hope that answers most of the question. I think Nevada probably has been the same all along. Many states do not allow scopes or sights other than open or "iron sights". Sometimes the question as to whether peep sights are legal is up for debate unless they specify.

Viking421A

I just ordered the Tru-Glo peep sight to hopefully use on my elk muzzy hunt. It is a peep sight utilizing fiber optic light. I do not believe it uses a radioactive isotope such as tritium so it should be legal. If you look at the Cabela's website compare that to the Tru-Glo Tritium sight which is an open sight that combines fiber optics with Tritium - an illegal sight system in Nevada.

Good luck on your hunt!

Horniac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom