Alternate Hunters

tesmitty

Does Utah have an alternate system? And if so is there an established list to determine the next in line? And can you find out who is on that list?
Thanks, Todd

LAST EDITED ON May-31-12 AT 07:21PM (MST)[p]Next lowest random draw # that didn't pull a tag. If you refuse or they don't get hold of you, they go to the next lowest after yours. Only way to find out is if you get a call. You really wouldn't want to sweat and worry the way you would if you knew you are next anyway... :)

I was hoping to find out if my wife would be the alternate so she could have the tag. She deserves it more than I do and I'd still get to guide her. I've been on plenty of great hunts the last few years and she deserves a turn.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-12 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]You'll never know who is on the alternate list. The F&G are afraid that a tag holder would have an "accident" and the alternate would get to hunt!

My brother was the first runner-up on a Stone sheep hunt. The lady who won the hunt didn't ever realize how much her life was in jeopardy! LOL

Zeke

PS: just curious, what tag is it?

In CA, they subject the sheep and elk alternates to that torture... I knew a couple of tule elk alternates, and it wasn't pretty... but the bud who was 1st on the White Mountains sheep really suffered... He even went to the orientation on the hope that on someone didn't show. Turns out all made it and some guy too old to hack it got the tag. How that old guy wasn't run off the road on the way, I'll never know...

>In CA, they subject the sheep
>and elk alternates to that
>torture... I knew a couple
>of tule elk alternates, and
>it wasn't pretty... but the
>bud who was 1st on
>the White Mountains sheep really
>suffered... He even went to
>the orientation on the hope
>that on someone didn't show.
>Turns out all made it
>and some guy too old
>to hack it got the
>tag. How that old guy
>wasn't run off the road
>on the way, I'll never
>know...
One of my hunting buddies was also a 1st alternate for sheep in Cali...it almost drove him over the edge. It is definately better not knowing if you are an alternate!

Its funny how they all do it different. In the New hampshire moose lottery, they publisize the whole list of winners and a list of alternates with the position your in. I never drew a tag (over 15 yrs) and I was never on the alt list.

nocwalker

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom