"Alternate Tag "

azbiggame

Very Active Member
"Alternate Tag "

once again,Nevadas'draw system is ahead of other states ... draw a tag and for what ever reason can not go ? Nv. allows You to turn it in and keep all important B.P. and even add another.This turned in tag can go to an alternate tag applicant,if so checked on earlier application ???
This process worked for 1 of my Hunt Partners,for this upcoming hunt Season.He was so Contacted and charged on C.C. and now has a Desert Sheep Tag for 2013.Not the best sheep unit (254)but next to one ... I said alot of Others would gladly accept this tag,should He not,He agreed.
Any others,get an "Alternate Nv. Tag" ? Nevadas draw system is The Best,most will agree,for Res. and N.R. compared to other bonus point states !!! Good Luck to "ALL" this Fall ... Bruce & SilverGrand

RE: "Alternate Tag "

I got one as noted in my Tag God post. Sheep tag turn backs are a rare thing. Good for your friend. Rumor has it there was another sheep tag turned back too for another area.

I think Nevada has a great system. Squaring pts. makes sense to me. also they average your pts. with a co- applicant, then round up if it averages to a half

I just received in the mail an antelope tag for 61-64, 71 and 73. I was way excited. I was the 1st alternate.

I've never hunted Nevada and I am stoked. I have received a few pointers on what to expect, but am always excited to hear more. Looks like the average goat here is 13-14 with some bigger available. I would really love a 15+ (like everyone else). Since I have a 14" now.

Looking forward to end of August to come to Nevada:)

LAST EDITED ON Jul-23-13 AT 04:24PM (MST)[p]Bruce - I couldn't agree more. I think NV has the best draw system and their big game management is better than most. Would I like to see some things different, yes, but when measured by their results, it's hard to complain.

My friend got a rifle deer tag in a mediocre unit but at least he's hunting.

A buddy of mine called me a couple of days ago to tell me his wife was lucky enough to get an "alternate" desert bighorn tag too...I think for the Spector's. Nevada is a GREAT state to be a hunter in for sure!

-HS

>A buddy of mine called me
>a couple of days ago
>to tell me his wife
>was lucky enough to get
>an "alternate" desert bighorn tag
>too...I think for the Spector's.
> Nevada is a GREAT
>state to be a hunter
>in for sure!
>
>-HS

HighSierra, are you sure it was the Spectars or was it the Last Chance Range?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom