alternates

J

jchisum

anybody know how the alternates work? i know a guy that drew an alternate for the archery lassen antelope. How likely is it he'll get a tag?

Well the people who drew the tags will have to come up with the Fees by a certain date.If Someone decides not to claim the tag for what ever reason F&G will start going off the alternate list.I'm not sure how many go unclaimed but i would guess of all the tags and species Archery Antelope would be the most likely to be given up.
I was the first Alternate for the Grizzly Island Bull tag the First year they opened it up to hunting.I never got the tag and its a good thing i didn't know who drew it,they could have had a untimely accident.LOL

I cannot speak for the lope tags, but you would be amazed at how many Owens Valley elk have been taken by alternates.

From what I have heard, a lot of people have forgotten the deadline to pay for the tags.

Strange........what in your life would allow you to space out on an elk tag?

that's sort of what we figured but couldn't get through to dfg to confirm. there's only 10 tags. DFG finally said they'd send him all his paper work by 7/1 and it'll tell him where he is on the alternate list. now he's going to have to prepare like he's going to hunt it and hope...
thanx

Tell him to send them in the money for the tag!! As broke as CA is they may not be able to resist and send him the tag anyway...LOL

ROFLMAO! That may not be as far fetched as it seems. Especially if the Assembly figures is more money to take from F&G.

My bud here in Chester turned his Archery Lassen tag last year as well. He had too many decent hunts going and felt by turning that tag in, he'd keep his points, would be fairly easy to draw it again.

Good luck to your buddy.

Oilcan, LMAO!!

Joey

oilcan: hilarious!

If it were an owens valley archery elk I'd say I'd be surprised to see somebody turn in the tag. any kind of archery speed goat has got to be a tough enough hunt that pleny of guys might skip it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom