American Sniper

440sixpack

My county has one high school and one little movie theater where we watched American Sniper last night.

Good flick, not political at all but it removes any doubt about what a mistake Iraq was and how hopeless changing the middle east is. 1000 years of playing whack-a-mole is what we're in for.

What struck me and I'll never forget is how people acted after the movie. small theater, pretty full maybe 80 people , not one word was spoken by ANYONE at the end of the movie or on the way out . even my wife and I were half way to the pick up before we said anything.

I think it was a combination of sorrow, guilt and respect. a pretty powerful show.

Stay thirsty my friends

Have not seen it yet. The only thing that I have seen is the trailer, have a hard time believing that they let those guys talk on a sat phone to their loved ones while on a mission. Other than that I have not seen it.

Went to Unbroken yesterday, wasn't as good as the book but was okay.

Nemont

The sat phone thing surprised me too, I doubt they'd make that up but it is a movie so who knows. he used it quite a bit.

Stay thirsty my friends

The book was awesome, I hope the movie does it justice. Cant wait to see it.

"I'll admit it, that's hella funny! Good to see you around 202, I wish you would return on a regular basis there's a lot of bruised low lying fruit on here lately. You should be on here on a regular basis especially since it was your political carpet bombing at the campfire that inspired this forum!"
Thank you Forthewall

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-15 AT 03:34PM (MST)[p]I read the book and tomorrow I will be going to see the movie version and see if it has been "Hollywooded". As for the SAT phones, they do have access to some sort of phone system as my friends son who has been over there at least 3 times and in Special Forces as a Team Leader has talked with his dad and mom a number of times. He also carries his own "Cell phone".
I could relate a conversation that he had but takes too long.

From what I have read, Clint Eastwood is keeping it real close to the book lines that Chris Kyle had in his book.

Movie is up for 4 awards including Best Actor and Best Director and Movie also.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-15 AT 08:12PM (MST)[p]It was a very good movie, reaction here about the same as dudes. I'm sure the public got their eyes opened since they really have no idea what goes on over there since we don't show too much on tv. One things for certain snipers are the most feared thing on the battlefield today behind air support or heavy armor. They have some pretty exotic communications gear since they are deployed and in contact with points all over the globe when necessary and their only way to get out is being carried with them in many cases.

They have to be able to adapt to the conditions and since they have no way of knowing what the future holds they have to be able to communicate to change extraction points garner air/ troop/ logistical support as necessary. That radio is their lifeline on many missions. The movie focused on being deployed to support ground troops and that's only one facet of what they do over there. They are deployed in forward locations and do a lot of special ops work and as such rely on those radio's to a much greater extent than shown in the movie. They can call just about anywhere they want with the phone if they can get the right satellites signal.

I spaced the part about you guys commenting on doubting the calls while under engagement which I agree with you on. I think they used some creative license on that issue to tie in the emotional aspect on both fronts. He may have had the green light to call but I doubt it since detection usually results in a failed mission or death. They normally don't compromise their training and tactics while on assignment. I'd have thought he would have been standing before his commander on that since it could have compromised their position to a more sophisticated enemy.

I just got home from watching this movie and the theater was "packed" for a 11:40AM showing. Not a word was spoken during the movie and at the very end some even "appaulded" (clapped). I was surprised that they had the last day of his life added in when he left home to work with a soldier.

On the phones, believe me they are allowed to use them...enough said.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-15 AT 02:53PM (MST)[p]FYI

This following info was in my latest issue of Army Times which was gotten from questions and answers from Navy Times with Bradley Cooper who made the decision to pursue making this movie.

Cooper called up former Chief Special Warfares Operator (SEAL) Chris Kyle in 2012. When Chris was murdered on Feb. 2, 2013 then Cooper pressed on with production of movie with Clint Eastwood as Directer.

One of the questions asked: In several scenes, he's making calls to his wife while on a mission. Was that accurate?
Answer: "Oh yeah, that was accurate. Well, first of all, SEALs have access to (satellite)phones. When he made CHIEF, he got the sat phone. The four bars of service, we took a liberty with, just because otherwise it would have been like a 10-minute scene. So we did take a liberty with how good the service was." Unquote.

Don't know if you can but go to www.armytimes.com and see if you can bring up the January 19, 2015 issue and it is on page 23 with interview with Bradley Cooper and the Navy Times people.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-15 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the explanation. In reality the area was occupied so there were many other cell signals which would complicate the issue and given the lack of sophistication of the enemy's ability it makes sense why they could make calls. :)

I figured this was coming.

http://www.vox.com/2015/1/22/7859791/american-sniper-iraq

I've said since before the Iraq invasion it was a mistake and I've been proven 100% correct. and to be honest the scene with the planes flying into the twin towers and the next thing you know Kile is in Iraq didn't slip my attention and I thought it was a bit out of line.

But, the fact is he did go to Iraq after that and he did do his duty there. the movie didn't try to justify the Iraq war or make us as the occupier the good guy, it just showed marines doing their job against people trying to kill them.

There should be people held accountable for the Iraq debacle who have not been, but the people sent there following their orders are not amoung them. anyone attacking the movie might be on the right track but they're barking up the wrong tree .

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-15 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]

440 this isn't directed at you but it is directed at the liberal hypocritical left. Pretty soon we're going to have the left tell us what types of bad weapons Kyle was using in the movie trying to justify the false narrative the left has been doling out for years. The fact this author tries to minimize the effects of WMD's, Saddam Hussein, Terrorists, because they weren't mentioned is remarkable because those facts are a part of history that don't need to be pointed out to most informed Americans. Yet while discounting the weight of each she fails to use their lack of mention to support her cause of Kyles lack of compassion which was shown on his face in the films. Snipers are like doctors, policemen and everyone else who deals with death on a daily basis they have a way of compartmentalizing it so they can do their job. The fact this gal has never actually seen the work of a terrorist first hand clearly shows why she's such an uninformed critic on human emotion and wants to blame Kyle for his insensitivity.

The fact there weren't WMD's in Iraq has already been proven false by the N. Y. Times article with verified sources and the proof of vets being treated for injuries from exposure to weapons catagorized as WMDS according to the UN, Pentagon, MI5, Britian, France, even Russia itself only verifies her flabby azz is showing. Let's see since we have undisputable proof veterans who never participated in the first engagement, who were in the second one are being treated who's LYING. Saloon, Vox aren't noted for being accurate on their reporting so why should we give them exposure? So why didn't they mention they were found? I can assure you he knew they were there along with the other SEALS, and lest not we forget they are classified information.

Here's an article that offsets the article with the pretty wolf
I'll leave it to your own judgment which one is more factual.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/396768/kyle-derangement-syndrome-ian-tuttle

Here's another one for you to read.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/396714/demonization-chris-kyle-ian-tuttle

And here's a third article giving an explanation why we needed the movie.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...reated-cultural-moment-heres-why-david-french

what's ironic in all this is there wasn't any antiwar sentiment about the movie killing Bin laden yet we're ripping a guy apart who served his country in an honorable fashion and simply did his job to actually save American lives who were being targeted at that time. Why is there the double standard in Liberal America when in both movies Americans were targeted and killed and enemies dispatched to save lives here and abroad.

There were no WMD's in Iraq besides the leftover ones from Kuwit we knew about and were not concerned with. many were US made. these are not the WMD's we went to war for, this has been covered.

I didn't see where the movie made an attempt to put a pro or anti war spin on anything. it was just what these men did from their prospective. you can't hold them accountable for bad leadership and their bad decisions.

I don't expect the whiners to get much traction. but if people are really upset they should do a about how we were lied to but don't go after the soldiers. that movie will be made you can bet your azz, maybe people just aren't ready yet.

Stay thirsty my friends

440 I should have been more clear the movie I referenced was Zero Dark Thirty.

Yes I'll bet they make a movie but given that both sides lied about it how are they going to do it. The Dems saw the evidence and knew they had chemical weapons stores which can create & recharge some existing chemical weapons aka WMDS. So since Bill Clinton Bombed them for it and Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, and other prominent Dems & GOP are on public record supporting Bush to go after him, how do they spin it. The records there and even though they can spin it to the uninformed masses come movie time it could present some liability issues.

I'll agree with you on one thing it'll be a hell of a movie, but we both know why it hasn't been made because there's things they don't want us to know yet........ After all they made Zero Dark Thirty and revealed some classified information to make that but there weren't any political careers on the line to make that one were there.....

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-15 AT 08:02AM (MST)[p]Led the box offices again this weekend. And the jackwagon Michael Moore, still can't keep his mouth shut.

After reading some facts about Kyle it takes a little away from the movie. seems he was a pathalogical liar so the only things you should believe are what's verified.

Still a good movie I'd still go see it. just remember it's just a movie.

Stay thirsty my friends

Lol....................right on schedule

>
>After reading some facts about Kyle
>it takes a little away
>from the movie. seems
>he was a pathalogical liar
>so the only things you
>should believe are what's verified.
>
>
>Still a good movie I'd still
>go see it. just
>remember it's just a movie.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay thirsty my friends

8346emporor_obama.jpg

I liked it big...fondler doesn't

You know a lot about lying don't you giggles.

Facts are always always true that's what makes them facts. it's not so much where you get them but how hard you look for them.

Hard to say if Kyle was a hero or a nutcase who was good at his job. only he knows what his motivation was and how he felt about it. at this point it doesn't matter he did his job and that's that.

As they say there's always " the rest of the story "

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/six-facts-hollywood-doesnt-want-know-american-sniper-chris-kyle/

Stay thirsty my friends

What did kyle lie about? I see some Hollywood creative liberties, some he said she saids, and u might wanna research "jesse the body ventura". He told me the sky was blue and the grass was green I'd walk outside and check.

Ventura won. if that's not proof I can't do any better.

I've met some real heroes, like neighbor and fellow farmer Rex Barber sr and they were humble men. Kyle was anything but humble and he liked to kill is part of what made him good at his job. lets just say the movie made him a much better person and soldier than the book does.

I don't like or dislike the guy he did his job and his personal life isn't really imnportant. but if he wasn't a psychopath he bordered on it.

Stay thirsty my friends

finally saw the movie last night.

Interesting movie, to me it left a lot out that was in the book but I know it is a movie.

Still strikes me as a terrible waste for how his life ended after all he went through.

God Bless our men and women in uniform and the things we ask them to do on our behalf.

Nemont

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom