OMG !!!

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

$7500?????????......that guy is gonna starve

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

He is a master craftsman. No doubt about that. His knives are soley geared to high end collectors at about 2-3K per knife.
Darn it, I should have charged Kilo, and a few others more!!!

RELH

We here have never been appreciative of the doubles that are much more popular in europe. They are works of art and form and function. Many feel they're the best dangerous game rifle in the world with good reason. One things for certain they are one of the most beautiful weapons in the world. In europe they were the guns of nobles and as such the most prized weapon of all. That's a distinction they still hold today. Good thread Reddog!

True, but if he put that same work into an O/U shotgun there would be 1000 times the market is my thinking.

440 I think he may have found a niche. You're correct in their being a much larger market in O/U shotguns but there's a ton of competition there too at all price points. How does a little guy compete with Beretta's of the world and the other specialty companies from Italy, Spain, Portugal,Germany etc. I think what he's building may have some appeal to the Dallas Safari club etc. You're not wrong with your thinking but he may have a little less competition building what he's building in that regard. I have no idea how big the market is for a gun like this here but apparently its viable enough for him to build them and it looks like he has some very good workmanship on them like RELH mentioned. My $.02.

His prices are very reasonable for a double rifle at $ 7,500.00. Just try to buy a H&H or Purdy double. $25,000.00 is not uncommon for a H&H.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-10 AT 01:03PM (MST)[p]As far as I know there is only 1 other guy building a US made double rifle Butch Searcy ( Ihad to look to see if he was still building them) and his guns depending on model can be upwards of $25000 to $35000.00++ and his guns are highly regarded and he sells a few of them at the SCI show in Reno. Nothing like going to that show and watching a guy drop a cool $100,000.00++ on a few guns for his collection to show you that you aren't doing as well as you thought.

I have always been a fan of SxS guns, have hunted with a Spanish ugartechea and a 370 beretta most of my life.

RELH, in one of his posts, he mentioned his Damascus knives have around 6-700 layers?? is that normal?

Most damascus knives run from 200-400 layers. Several makers will go higher depending on the pattern and fine grain finish they want. His knives are for the hard core knife collector and appearence is everything for those guys if you want them to drop the big bucks.
I myself love the look of a damascus blade, but it is a poor choice for a field knife. Damn hard to keep them from rusting unless you are a die hard knife care fanatic.

RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom