An insight into why they are stuck with Obama

overton

Long Time Member
A New Low: Blaming Elizabeth Edwards
By Christopher Weber
Aug 26th 2008 4:20PM
Filed Under:eJohn Edwards, Featured Stories, Scandal

These are tough times for John Edwards supporters. Your man has been revealed as a champion liar and sleazebag, an adulterer by which all adulterers will now be judged. The very public scandal torpedoed his VP chances, made him persona non grata at the convention and sent him into political exile. So these days if you've got an Edwards bumper sticker on your car, you might be upset and say things you might not mean. Things like suggesting Elizabeth Edwards, humiliated wife of John, might be somehow to blame in the whole mess.

Here's the quote of the day, from a Democrat who I'm guessing is not a married man:
"I think she's complicit," said Brad Crone, a Raleigh-based Democratic consultant. "Obviously, she knew. While she's the victim, she clearly didn't stand in the way of the cover-up."
That is some logic, Mr. Crone. So after John confessed to her, Elizabeth should have scheduled a news conference announcing her humiliation, while coping with her damaged marriage and in between cancer treatments. Pay attention, scorned wives of cheating politicians: after your husband tells you he's screwing around with some skank, it's your duty to immediately alert the press. Otherwise when it does go public and ends your man's career, it's your fault.

Why does this suprise anyone.

Typical liberal mantra:

"When things go wrong, quickly find someone else to lay the blame on"

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-08 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]Funny how Edwards went from the A list to the F'd list with lightning speed. However the torch holder and hero of all scumbags is still Newt Gingrich, who was having an affair, served his wife divorce papers while she was in the hospital dying of cancer. Want a good laugh? Google "Gingrich Divorces" it gets better. Yet Newt still remains as a contibutor to Fox News.

Edwards exploited the story of his son's passing along with his wife's cancer battle at every turn to strengthen his campaign.
I believe there were many Americans that liked Elizabeth more than they liked her husband. Talk about literally screwing yourself out of the limelight and the public trust?

For as much as both parties want to lay their respected claims of diametric differences they always seem to find common ground
in corruption, exploitation, pandering, and hypocracy.

.02 on Edwards....Scumbag

Cuz I'm trying to correlate the subject title with the post and I'm a little confused. I think both parties are stuck with candidates that don't truly represent the majority within their parties.

Was it possibly that the Dems are a party of victims, blaming the victim for not victimizing the party's supposed hero of victims? I maybe even more confused now....

This is typical of the double standards that the democrats have...Some one else is to blame its never their fault.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

>This is typical of the double
>standards that the democrats have...Some
>one else is to blame
>its never their fault.

Actually that is what the republicans live by.....it's always someone else's fault unless it's a good thing.

"When things go wrong, quickly find someone else to lay the blame on"

Maybe restated:

"When things go wrong, quickly find someone else to blame the lay on"

For what it's worth Edwards makes me sick as well. So does Larry Craig. Sleaze knows no politics.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-08 AT 05:06PM (MST)[p]Interesting but predictable, a democratic presidential drop out having an affair is more of an issue before the election than republican nominee McCain donking Iseman. that's different right? sure it is.

I guess he won't admit it, so it's different. that's it.

Palin's 17 year old pregnant unmarried daughter is a testement to the solid moral stadards of the far right, I love it. maybe people are just people in spite of their political affiliation? no way right? maybe conservatives are just sluts I don't know.

No I didn't, but to say ALL the dems are blaming his wife is a little off base. I don't know what goes on between Edwards and his wife and his mistress, and I don't care.

Nobody wants to talk about Palin's knocked up daughter? well I'll be...now if this had been Chelsea Clinton it would have been a sign of liberal moral failings now wouldn't it? this is going to get great traction from the press, add in the troopergate probe and we have some deluxe dish. too funny.

Good grief. Let me restate. Democrats are blaming Mrs Edwards. Not Marsians or sasquatches, democrats are. I did not say all of them nor did the article. The article is about the difference in treatment of Mrs Edwards compared to Mrs Clinton.

Only an idiot would blame her, why waste time worrying about what they think.

I just read an article where some far right morons hold Bush responsible for the death of babies who have been aborted while he was in office since he didn't prevent it. both parties have more than their share of morons, we could play this game forever. so I'll see that, and offer RELH as my next example.

Dude; you would have to crawl out of your snake hole to try and offer me up. Your ambitions sure exceed our expectations for you.

RELH

Offering you as an example of an idiot isn't going to shock anyone, you give me too much credit.

Dude - How about reading the article before you even post a reply. It goes to show that you are so caught up with other issues that you can't even read the article that this thread is about. Let me get these two facts straight:

1- You don't read before you post.

2- Your statistics are made up on the spot.

How anyone can take your posts serious is beyond me.

I have seen "dude" do this many times, post a response without reading the post through. He just likes to try and stir ship up.

Accusing Eliz. Edwards is an example of how the term ...spin... came to be. If it doesn't fit the libs. the way they want it to they just spin it until it does. The John Edwards affair, then blameing his wife, case in point.

If you ever spend any time listening to the left it's just the way they do business, a way of life.

I said the vast majority of people would not and could not blame Edward's wife, you take a few nut jobs and use them as the general population.

I'm sorry if I don't agree with you wing nuts and play your grab & giggle games but you're boring enough as it is. without conflict it wouldn't be worth checking in.

"dude said"
I'm sorry if I don't agree with you wing nuts and play your grab & giggle games but you're boring enough as it is. without conflict it wouldn't be worth checking in.

dude, boring??? You seem to spend your whole day, every day chasing every word we type here. I'd hate to see you interested in something.

I don't know that the whack baskets have the answers, but they sure as hell make more sense that the drivel you keep spewing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom