An opinion on gun control

Good read. Wonder where Zigga and 444 stand on this one... They probably would just burst into smoke over the arguments/facts presented!!!

Sounds stuff. Unfortunately most people are not interested in reality: factions, rational, what really does and does not work.

I like just about everything he said. Only two things that kind of stood out to me. I don't really like how he said that teachers with guns are there to serve as speed bumps. I'd like to know exactly what he means by that. Maybe he is trying to explain something differently than how it came off.

With the AWB, I'm not totally convinced that it was ineffective. In light of the discussion in another thread, I'll just leave it at that.

As for the rest of his article, he did a great job.

I also was a bit confused about the armed teachers as "speed bump" analogy. The only thing I can come up with is he is saying it is impractical to say that armed teachers will defeat a armed mass murderer every time. But what they can do is slow him down. Engaging him and maybe getting off a good shot that either wounds, or at least slows his progress. How many kids could have been saved if one of the initial faculty had engaged the shooter in Conn. and given the police just the few more minutes they needed to get there. Time is lives in theses types of shootings. Any time that you can burn up keeps theses sickos from killing and gets SWAT and local police closer, saving innocents. I agree with his article wholeheartedly.

That is exactly what I saw it as... The opportunity to allow even 1 or 2 more students to escape. The ability to keep the gun man in the hall and not at the door. the very fact that someone is shooting back would totally disrupt the thinking of these guys.

Granted there may come someday a retired swat, military, or the like comes in fully prepared, but so far none of these issues has included such an individual.

If or when it does, any disruption to the shooting can result in lives saved.

"And for a vast majority of these shootings, simply confronting the shooter with a gun stops the act."

It amazes me that so many people can't figure that out and many don't even seem to want the friggin school doors locked!

Awesome read, thanks for sharing. I have forwarded this to many people in hopes they might be open minded enough to see a common sense point of view!

Merry Christmas!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Bump

If you haven't read this yet, please do. You WILL NOT regret it, I promise. Very well written and near impossible for any sensible person to argue with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom