An upset

A great fight by Couture. Overall the night was entertaining. Better than a lot of people thought. Lambert's win over Sobral sort of makes Evans a for sure contender to the belt. (MMA math isn't always correct but it is interesting.)

Now what??? Is Randy's first title defense Cro-Cop? That would be what I think. Can't Wait!!!

Now what??? Is Randy's first title defense Cro-Cop? That would be what I think. Can't Wait!!!

.........my thoughts exactly

Randy is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

horsepoop.gif

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-07 AT 00:27AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-07 AT 00:07 AM (MST)

I'll admit I didn't think Couture could win this one. Boy was I wrong. What an outstanding performance, total domination by Couture.

When Couture came out in the 1st round and landed that shot to drop Sylvia, I'll tell ya, if that doesn't get you pumped up nothing will. Couture dominated every part of the fight. Standup, striking, takedowns, classic old school ground and pound. Loved it.

This is why Sylvia was not a popular champion, just look at his performance. Then a little comment like "I came into the fight injured" doesn't help his cause either. Although he did give Couture props and respect.

Great card. All were good if not great fights. How about Sobral's ear twitch when he was knocked out. Hughes looked pretty good. Franklin looked very good. You know Dana White is one happy camper right now and he should be. This is going to make for a very interesting 2007.

Big Tim didn't look worth a ---- last night. I hope Randy can handle Cro Cop when they meet and I wish more atheletes were like Randy Couture, what a class act. I don't think boxing has a chance anymore with the UFC on fire the way it is. I bet you couldnt find five people that know any boxers today, but just about everyone knows the mma fighters. I know I never miss a UFC ppv. show.

I usually like fights that don't go the distance but it was very exciting watching Randy soundly beat Tim every round.
I don't know what Randy will have for CroCop but I'm glad to see that he was successful coming back.
I was really impressed by Lambert's knock out of Sobral. I wouldn't have called it that way.
Kampmann's submission of McFedries was impressive, especially after all the punishment he took at the beginning of the fight.
I'm always surprised how Rich Franklyn out classes his opponents (which speaks pretty well of Anderson Sylva). Jason McDonald was overwhelmed from the opening bell. I wouldn't have thought going into the fight that he would just quit but Franklyn handed it too him.
I hoped Hughes would have made a better come back showing. Nothing against Lytle but most know him because he was on The Ultimate Fighter's comeback show which has some pretty negative conatations. Hughes dominated each round but I didn't think he looked like a champion. I think if it had been anyone but Hughes they probably would have stood them up half way through the third round but they let them lay there and run the time out. Just my opinion.
This was one of my favorite fight cards in a long time...

"Hughes dominated each round but I didn't think he looked like a champion".

I agree..

I thought Hughes looked exactly like a champion. Only Lytle showed how tough he really is. He was pretty much able to keep Matt from causing much damage at all. And from what i saw he was trying pretty hard.

As far as Couture Vs. Cro Cop go I think that will be an awesome fight too. Cro Cop has Chuck Liddel like Takedown defense and Randy was able to get through that in there first fight. As long as Randy can keep away from those LHK's it should be a great fight.

IMHO- Anytime a guy gets in the cage and wins he is looking good. Hughes changed his game up for Lytle and won. Standing, G&P, submissions it's all part of mma. This was the first card that I really liked ALL of the fighters. I really like Couture but when he fights Cro Cop, I don't think Cro Crop will stand there and try to figure him out, I belive it will be a bull fight right from the get go, they both have years of big time fights under their belts, should be a good one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom