Another Buck Poached

K

klbzdad

This happened recently just south of Cedar City. Many of us local mule deer lovers have been watching this dude for a few years now but now some asshat has killed him, at night and out of season, then left the carcass to rot. Getting real tired of this crap!

94701462109_10201480354183959_1781958320_n.jpg

If anyone knows anything about this incident, please call the division office in Cedar City at 435-865-8100 or the UTIP hotline at 1-800-662-3337 if you so chose to be anonymous and turn in your looser friend or relative.

"When you are dead, you don't know that
you are dead. It is difficult only for the
others. It is the same when you are
stupid"

Lets hope that when they catch them or him or her that the judge throws the book at them. Not just a hand slap. People that do this loose there hunting rights but that does not mean anything to them. They still go out and poach. We need to make laws tuffer.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain

Someone surely knows who did that and if they are turned in the penalty should be jail time for several years. This BS of a slap on the wrist with loss of hunting rights is not stopping this kind of stuff and penalties need to be severe or it will continue.

It's hard for the normal person to think someone could just shoot a animal like that and let it rot. What a shame !

Several poaching incidents have occurred in Wyoming as well.

This crap need to stop. Penalties are nowhere near severe enough.

You'd think even a wanna-be taxidermist could see from the photo this deer laid on the ground for some time.

Sad deal when people disrespect the animal and society by taking something which isn't theirs.

That's a damn shame! I agree with the posters above who want tough(er) penalties for these thieves! These jerks are stealing from us all.
Thanks for the post.
Zeke

Tristate, Sit down and think about what you are saying. Nothing to do with kibzdad or Topgun or anyone else. The deer was well known and the division as well as other people had watched the deer. The deer was viewed a lot during the day so being poached the division figures it must have been shot at night since no one saw it happened. The deer was not salvageable as it had sit too long. If it was the division would have salvaged it. In a lot of cases if they can get to the deer and it is not covered in maggots they will move the deer to a place where they dispose of the animals. The head was taken for evidence and will remain there to try to find and convict the person or persons involved. There will most likely put a reward out for the poacher.

good golly, just what we needed...another public love-in between TriGuy and POPCORN

Good Fellows, please show some quality and take it somewhere else, its really pretty embarrassing for everyone to have to witness on here...nothing you guys say ever really has to do with ANYthing

Too bad about the bucker, frikken hammer of a deer

Another thread ruined by a poster...

Yet he is the one that is saying why don't the rest of us think about why its ok to leave meat.... How do you know they didn't cut off the head to keep and then donate the meat??? There you go, your theory is settled, move on!

What is the point of taking away hunting rights in this situation, they obviously don't care anyway.

Maybe a law should be made that if you turn in a poacher you instantly acquire all of their bonus/preference points in all states for all species they may have and add them to their own. That would be even more incentive for them to get turned in...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Now that is a great idea mtnman. If you turn in a poacher you get all his bonus points. That would make lots of people think twice if they know someone that is a poacher.
Tristate, Seems the only one that did not understand what Kilzdad was saying was you. And if you did all you wanted to do is make an uproar.

Really is a shame about the Deer being poached. The last hunt I went on with my Dad before he passed away was in the area this Great Buck was poached. Was reading the Story from the DWR websight just before comming to MM. Weird a story can break your heart and piss a guy off at the same time. Hope they catch the SOB, and nail his slates to the fence

How right you are Topgun. I thought I had to try but I understand it is hopeless. Some people just do not understand. I just kind of made a decision not to say bad things about anyone on MM. I do think he is getting told off just like he deserves.

I just saw that there is an $8000 reward for anyone with information leading to an arrest on this tragedy.
Perhaps that loosen a few tongues!

Why don't the Moderators just drop this whole thread from the Forum if they're going to keep deleting posts at their descretion that don't appear to be in violation of site rules---just sayin!!! This is what happens when one troll member that is notorious for starting arguments is allowed to continue posting and ruining the website!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 09:32AM (MST)[p]OK lets try a different angle of logic so we can actually discuss this and it not get deleted.

1. Is there an actual witness or not to the deer being shot?
2. Does anyone even know the exact date the deer was shot? Not the day he died but the day he was shot.
3. Does anyone at all know where exactly the deer was shot? Not found dead but actually shot? Where was the seen of the crime if there actually is a crime?
4. Is there an Indian Reservation involved that may completely change the dynamics of this investigation?

Lets stop internet lynching and start dealing with real facts.

Ok Detective Tristate, The witness to the shooting was the shooter. It was out of season. The deer hunt had ended. No Indian reservation around. The deer was killed with a shot that killed the deer instantly going no where. The weather was very warm for the season and the deer had spoiled. The deer had been watched by lots of people knowing the deer was alive a day or two before he was killed. The deer was poached. This is Utah. The division does their homework. They do not assume the deer was poached, they know the deer was poached. Don't know how they do it in Texas but Utah is on top of situations like this. Thus they announced that the deer had been POACHED.

My guess is Colonel Mustard in the library with the lead pipe.

In all seriousness why all the questions Tristate? Are you somehow trying to discredit the OP or the LEO community? I don't understand you needing to cross examine every piece of information unless you somehow have information that makes this anything but a poaching case. So do you have some information you'd like to bring to the table to be discussed or do you just want to keep stirring a pot that really you have no business even having your spoon in?

I need to point out one thing to you Tristate. You are the one that come on here with the attitude that the game cops let the deer rot. Also it is like you are pro poaching, is that where you get most of your customers from? Or do you charge them more? I don't know why I'm even having a discussion with you. My mistake, oh well I will try and not let it happen again.

DZ

"I need to point out one thing to you Tristate. You are the one that come on here with the attitude that the game cops let the deer rot. Also it is like you are pro poaching, is that where you get most of your customers from? Or do you charge them more? I don't know why I'm even having a discussion with you. My mistake, oh well I will try and not let it happen again."

I came on here with that attitude because KLBZDAD specifically stated the deer was shot under a spotlight. That would mean there were witnesses that saw the occurance and that would mean the deer was found in a timely manner and therefore allowed to rot by the LEO's. I have a fundamental problem with them doing that if that had been the case. Since then it has obviously come out that Klbzdad was just making statements he knew very little about.

I am not pro-poaching unless an individual is doing it to protect his property or is starving.

"Ok Detective Tristate, The witness to the shooting was the shooter."

Now who is being silly? You knew what I meant when I asked the question. For Klzbdad to claim the deer was shot under artificial light there has to be a witness and I mean besides the suspect.

" It was out of season. "

How do you know that? Apparently no one saw the shot. No one even knows where exactly the deer was shot.

"The deer hunt had ended. No Indian reservation around."

Not according to the deleted post of Klbzdad. Who claimed that on November 19th he personaly witnessed the deer run in front of his car as it chased a doe out of a "reservation".

" The deer was killed with a shot that killed the deer instantly going no where."

How do you know that?

"The weather was very warm for the season and the deer had spoiled. The deer had been watched by lots of people knowing the deer was alive a day or two before he was killed."

"A day or two"???? Is that a scientific term????

" The deer was poached."

Maybe, maybe not.

" This is Utah. The division does their homework. They do not assume the deer was poached,"

Actually that's exactly what an investigator does usually is assume a deer was poached.

"they know the deer was poached. Don't know how they do it in Texas but Utah is on top of situations like this. Thus they announced that the deer had been POACHED."

Oh that's great then. They have just saved us all billions of dollars and we can fire all those attorneys and judges within our judicial system. Who needs judicial process anymore. Leo's can just go ahead and be judge and jury while the internet can fill in for the executioner.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 01:14PM (MST)[p]Birdman---That was another classic response to you from DB with more chit produced than a mushroom factory uses, LOL! The OP simply stated the buck was shot at night and that is what the DWR suspects because the buck was being watched by so many people during daylight hours. Now a Federal case is being made out of it by one member who won't let it go, but what else is new! Presently there are no known witnesses and when nobody saw it for a few days the meat was wasted before it was finally found. Just looking at the head in the picture would indicate to most that it was not in good shape when the carcass was found. No statements were made in the OP that weren't factual based on the article put out by the DWR! I'd like to know why someone would feel they needed to poach an animal "to protect his property". If they were shooting a bear or cougar to protect themselves in an attack it is doubtful they would be charged with "poaching". Also, if a person needs food there are plenty of giveaway programs for them that includes meat so they don't have to resort to illegal activities like poaching to feed themselves!

Turn them in if you have info. It is the only way to stop these types. I agree it would help if laws were stiffened up to prevent them from doing it again.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 01:59PM (MST)[p]GPS tracking is now a very big tool being used by law enforcement.

Could the DWR have placed a device in the mouth of the buck and been waiting for somebody to come back to cut the head off.

They are not going to give out all thier tricks in a press release.

No telling how long they might of let him lay. For good reason.

Probably just some stupid kids.

Actually topgun many states still have wildlife laws that allow for killing game animals out of season when they are destroying property or agriculture. If I recall correctly it came up in New Mexico about four years ago again when a rancher whacked a whole heard of antelope and hunters realized he was within his rights to do so.

These laws actually exist to free governments from the liability of animals as much as possible. When your deer start eating my corn field are you going to take money out of your pocket to reimburse me for "your" deer that YOU fail to control. You see there is a lot more to this NACM and ownership than you think.

As for the rest of your post you have pretty much proved my point. Nobody knows whether the deer was shot under artificial light and nobody is going to prove that unless the shooter confesses. SO why say it? Why go there and ruin the credibility of a case you are building? If the LEO's want to start making up the story as they go they risk their prosecution.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 03:14?PM (MST)

This lastest update may help answer some questions. From the CO holding the head, Josh Carver ([email protected]) (435-691-4167)

"$8000 reward offered in trophy buck deer poaching case!

Dec 02, 2013
Iron County

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources (DWR) conservation officers in southern Utah are investigating the illegal killing of a 7X13, 34-inch wide buck deer in the Shurtz Canyon area south of Cedar City.

Several members of the public have been watching this buck because of its tremendous size and character. The animal was last seen on November 22nd, 7:30 pm.

On November 30th, concerned citizens, who had been watching the deer, observed several ravens and eagles in the area. They hiked to the location and located the carcass and contacted state wildife officers.

During the course of the investigation, conservation officers located a doe deer that had also been killed illegally during the same time frame.

The illegal killing and subsequent waste of wildlife is extremely troublesome to wildlife officials. It is a theft from consumptive and non-consumptive users alike. Deer are currently in the rut and are very susceptible to harassment.

Investigators need more information from the public. anyone with information regarding this case is encouraaged to call the Utah Turn in a Poacher (UTIP) Hotline (1-800-662-DEER) or the DWR Southern Region Office (435-865-6100). Callers may remain anonymous and requests for confidentiality are honored.

An $8,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the conviction of the individual(s) responsible for the killing of this trophy buck deer. This reward is being jointly offered by Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, and partners Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife (SFW) and the Mule Deer Foundation (MDF).

The Shurtz Canyon Buck scored 239 inches, Boone and Crockett.

Conservation officers have made it a top priority to carry out organized winter range patrols, to protect deer and other big game populations, over the last four years. Confirmed deer poaching incidents have decreased 35% during that time. Conservation officers typically cover more than 2,000 square miles. There are multiple patrol district vacancies across the state which exacerbates the situations. The public's assistance is critical in the protection of these valuable wildlife resources.

Please be vigilant when recreating amongst wildlife. If you observe something that doesn't look quite right, please record a physical description of the person(s) and the vehicle involved. A license plate number can be a critical piece of information. Do not confront violators or suspicious individuals; simply be a good witness and contact the UTIP Hotline listed above"

From Lee: FWIW, there was a picture of the carcass on the public notice and it was partly consumed by predators with ribs sticking out and the lungs, liver and heart gone, the intestines scattered somewhat and the throat open. I'm sure the meat had bone-soured already. I'm not sure how they determined it was poached, but one thing I do know. Josh, Scott and the other Southern Region CO's are very good at their job and if they say it was poached, you can take that to the bank! No further info on the doe.

Also, the photo of Josh holding the head looks like it was taken close to the freeway (I-15) looking east and that could mean the poachers happened to see the buck while driving by. That would make it much harder to solve, but again, Josh and Scott won't miss evidence or leads and will follow up on this one big time.

Also, Lynn Chamberlain, the local DWR media contact has contacted every news agency/paper in this area (including his once a week radio broadcast) and this case is the talk of the town right now.

And finally, this buck will undoubtedly grace the back wall of the Southern Region UTIP show trailer which goes everywhere there's an outdoor show (and sometimes when it's not an outdoor show), so you're gonna see this buck first hand sometime in the future.

Edited, I forgot to mention that when I went to the local DWR office this morning to get this update, I was unable to talk to Josh or Scott because they were in interviews with candidates to fill the patrol district vacancies. They keep busy!

Edited again, (sorry) For Tristate, there is indeed a Piute Reservation nearby, but it isn't close enough for these two deer to have likely traveled that far after being shot. Besides, Josh and Scott would have found evidence of that if there was any. But I'll stop by the Tribal Office tomorrow and see what they have to say.

Elkfromabove,

Thanks for the update. Hopefully some facts will be found in this investigation. However I do not understand why the Wildlife officers would start with this quote.

"The illegal killing and subsequent waste of wildlife is extremely troublesome to wildlife officials. It is a theft from consumptive and non-consumptive users alike. Deer are currently in the rut and are very susceptible to harassment"

Nothing was stolen. There is no theft here. By this logic is drunk driving theft now? How about vandalism and assault? Why would wildlife officers start preaching propaganda? All I can figure into it is they hope if they re-label something the uneducated masses will feel a more personal connection and therefore maybe someone can come forward with info.

Also they claim it was found close to a highway. Could that mean the deer was actually killed somewhere else and dumped easily there?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]>Actually topgun many states still have
>wildlife laws that allow for
>killing game animals out of
>season when they are destroying
>property or agriculture. If
>I recall correctly it came
>up in New Mexico about
>four years ago again when
>a rancher whacked a whole
>heard of antelope and hunters
>realized he was within his
>rights to do so.
>
>These laws actually exist to free
>governments from the liability of
>animals as much as possible.
> When your deer start
>eating my corn field are
>you going to take money
>out of your pocket to
>reimburse me for "your" deer
>that YOU fail to control.
> You see there is
>a lot more to this
>NACM and ownership than you
>think.
>
>As for the rest of your
>post you have pretty much
>proved my point. Nobody
>knows whether the deer was
>shot under artificial light and
>nobody is going to prove
>that unless the shooter confesses.
> SO why say it?
> Why go there and
>ruin the credibility of a
>case you are building?
>If the LEO's want to
>start making up the story
>as they go they risk
>their prosecution.

***I'm well aware of what you're talking about and that would not even remotely be considered poaching when you're talking crop depredation.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 05:02PM (MST)[p]>Elkfromabove,
>
>Thanks for the update. Hopefully
>some facts will be found
>in this investigation. However
>I do not understand why
>the Wildlife officers would start
>with this quote.
>
>"The illegal killing and subsequent waste
>of wildlife is extremely troublesome
>to wildlife officials. It is
>a theft from consumptive and
>non-consumptive users alike. Deer are
>currently in the rut and
>are very susceptible to harassment"
>
>
>
>Nothing was stolen. There is
>no theft here. By
>this logic is drunk driving
>theft now? How about
>vandalism and assault? Why
>would wildlife officers start preaching
>propaganda? All I can
>figure into it is they
>hope if they re-label something
>the uneducated masses will feel
>a more personal connection and
>therefore maybe someone can come
>forward with info.
>
>Also they claim it was found
>close to a highway.
>Could that mean the deer
>was actually killed somewhere else
>and dumped easily there?

***Wrong again! When wildlife is killed illegally it is certainly stealing from the public, no ifs, ands, or buts! That has always been one of the major tenets to these type of illegal activities. That buck might have been taken by a legal hunter if it wandered into a legal hunting area just like the cemetery buck that was recently shot by an archer during a legal season. A lot of nonhunters also lost the enjoyment they were getting from being able to watch the animal, so they are the nonconsumptive users. You certainly sound like you are against law enforcement efforts the more you post here on this subject. Elkfromabove said it looked like to him it was found near a highway, but it sounds like it was in the general area that it had been inhabiting and watched by a number of locals.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 05:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 04:44?PM (MST)

>Elkfromabove,
>
>Thanks for the update. Hopefully
>some facts will be found
>in this investigation. However
>I do not understand why
>the Wildlife officers would start
>with this quote.
>
>"The illegal killing and subsequent waste
>of wildlife is extremely troublesome
>to wildlife officials. It is
>a theft from consumptive and
>non-consumptive users alike. Deer are
>currently in the rut and
>are very susceptible to harassment"
>
>
>
>Nothing was stolen. There is
>no theft here. By
>this logic is drunk driving
>theft now? How about
>vandalism and assault? Why
>would wildlife officers start preaching
>propaganda? All I can
>figure into it is they
>hope if they re-label something
>the uneducated masses will feel
>a more personal connection and
>therefore maybe someone can come
>forward with info.
>
>Also they claim it was found
>close to a highway.
>Could that mean the deer
>was actually killed somewhere else
>and dumped easily there?

Maybe it's matter of semantics, but the theft concept comes from the premise that the people of Utah own the wildlife (a premise I know that you don't agree with) and that one of them (actually two) have been killed, thus robbing the public of the opportunity to view and/or harvest them. I guess technically, it's not a theft any more than if someone were to go into your garden and pull up some carrots and leave them in the hot sun until they were unedible. They didn't actually steal your carrots, but they robbed you of your use of them. In any case, I'm not sure what other word we could use.

Also, they didn't claim it was found close to a highway/freeway. I was the one making the observation that the picture looked like it was taken just east of the freeway, and though the distance of the background appears to be about right, I could be wrong or I could be wrong about where the deer was killed in relationship to the picture. I didn't get a chance to ask him about it, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. Sorry about that, but I also thought that might explain why it was left there. Someone shooting off the freeway isn't going to chance getting caught in the time it would take to park the car off the freeway and then hike in a ways and drag the deer back to the freeway and throw it in the bed or trunk.

Finally, I also know the CO and he wouldn't call it a poaching if he wasn't convinced by the physical evidence. He can't afford to be wrong if this were to go to trial.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 05:54PM (MST)[p]Not that it really means anything but as I read the deer was found by guides that were working for the owner of the Sportsman tag. He had paid 180K for the chance at that buck.

A bad deal all the way around.

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>Maybe it's matter of semantics, but
>the theft concept comes from
>the premise that the people
>of Utah own the wildlife
>(a premise I know that
>you don't agree with) and
>that one of them (actually
>two) have been killed, thus
>robbing the public of the
>opportunity to view and/or harvest
>them. I guess technically, it's
>not a theft any more
>than if someone were to
>go into your garden and
>pull up some carrots and
>leave them in the hot
>sun until they were unedible.
>They didn't actually steal your
>carrots, but they robbed you
>of your use of them.
>In any case, I'm not
>sure what other word we
>could use.

Poaching! That is the word we use. Poaching is poaching. Murder is murder. Theft is theft. When you start mixing them around for the means of propaganda you open a whole other box of worms. Have you ever heard the phrase "meat is murder"? Calling poaching theft is just as silly.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13
>AT 05:54?PM (MST)

>
>Not that it really means anything
>but as I read the
>deer was found by guides
>that were working for the
>owner of the Sportsman tag.
>He had paid 180K for
>the chance at that buck.
>
>
>A bad deal all the way
>around.
>
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"

WOW! Could this story take any bigger twist? Big money on the line and secretariat is dead. This much politics emotion and cash on the line and now everyone can be a suspect. Might not be punk teenagers anymore.

Tristate,

What if the coward who shot this deer removed the head and sold it? Would it be theft then? I guess at the end of the day I don't care if you call it poaching, theft, animal Pedophilia just so the punishment fits the crime. If I steal something that has a value of tens of thousands of dollars (as this deer did) it is classified as grand theft larceny and most likely if convicted warrants a felony conviction. Poaching a animal like this should also carry the possibility of a felony conviction.
I would be ok with the person who did this not having the ability to vote or own firearms.

Also the meat is murder analogy is probably one of the lamest things I've ever heard

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 07:53PM (MST)[p]:eek:

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]>I came on here with that
>attitude because KLBZDAD specifically stated
>the deer was shot under
>a spotlight.

Nope, never said it was shot under a spotlight. Wrong as usual.

>That would
>mean there were witnesses that
>saw the occurance and that
>would mean the deer was
>found in a timely manner
>and therefore allowed to rot
>by the LEO's.

Read the press release. Anyone with a pair of binos could drive out and find this buck during the daylight hours especially while it was rutting and there was almost always someone gawking at him. It was a couple of days before the carcass was discovered. Again, from the press release.

>I have a fundamental problem with
>them doing that if that
>had been the case.

Its not an issue for you to have a problem with. You are not a resident of Utah. You're just trying to pick a fight and this one you will lose.

>Since then it has obviously
>come out that Klbzdad was
>just making statements he knew
>very little about.

Again, I live here. Which strangely translates into me knowing a couple of people. Whereas you don't know a single person who lives here in Cedar City, therefore you don't know anything of the situation at all and got a boner at the chance to take a stab at me.

>I am not pro-poaching unless an
>individual is doing it to
>protect his property or is
>starving.

UTAH has laws which offer tags and/or reimbursement for damage by wildlife as mitigation for property owners and the division. They happen to work quite well.

http://www.rules.utah.gov/publicat/code/r657/r657-044.htm

Oh, and it was shot out of season because plenty of us saw him alive fairly recently and the season was over (pages 6 and 67):

http://wildlife.utah.gov/guidebooks/2013_pdfs/2013_field_regs.pdf

Basically, you're statement up there about it being okay for landowners to "poach" along with your criticism of our local CO's shows your lack of respect for authority. I won't suggest your low level of intelligence as it will only get yet another of my responses to you deleted. Back to ignoring you.

stupid"

Ever Notice?

Every time there's a Thread about Poaching We learn how to count to 100 with only 50 Posts!

Then if the Poacher ends up being a Well Known/Famous person we can count to 100 with 25 Posts!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-13
>AT 05:54?PM (MST)

>
>Not that it really means anything
>but as I read the
>deer was found by guides
>that were working for the
>owner of the Sportsman tag.
>He had paid 180K for
>the chance at that buck.
>
>
>A bad deal all the way
>around.
>
>"The Road goes on forever &
>the Party never Ends"
I think you mean the auction tag holder. The sportsmans tag was shot the first day of the season. Its is a raffle type draw. But you may have something there. :eek: I have heard that a well known guide was seen in the area on the 22nd of the month.

I think its funny that I had a post get deleted this morning that really didn't have anything bad in it. I even said Klbzdad had something correct.

I do think it odd that since the information came out that this deer was being hunted by a auctioned tag and being stalked by professional guides that the entire "hang poachers" crowd has become silent.

The guide and the tag holder would have no reason to poach. They have the tag ! But some idiot could have poached it to keep them from taking it legally.

I missed the deleted posts . But I know where the tribal land is. I was hunting a few years back on it by accident . When I exited the property I saw a sign on my way out. For those that drive I 15. You see the smoke shop on the east side of the freeway just south of Cedar.

What are you complaining about Topgun? You already stated I had ruined this thread and the entire website. Why would you care if anything was deleted?

Does this google earth image look familiar?

2667google_earth_angle_of_shurtz_buck.jpg

Again, it was easy to find this dude the last few weeks before he disappeared. Yes, there were sightings of a "well known guide" or at least some of his monkeys in the area. This is simply a waste of a freakin' awesome buck that most everyone here knew about. Hope they find the two legged turd(s) that did it. I could use $8k!!!!

stupid"

Klbzdad, you sure seem to know a lot about this buck. If you have really watched it and know so much why don't you post up one of your own photo's of it?

>Klbzdad, you sure seem to know
>a lot about this buck.
>If you have really watched
>it and know so much
>why don't you post up
>one of your own photo's
>of it?

***WTH? The member stated he lives close to where the buck lives on the neighboring property! What would the purpose of him posting more pictures of the buck be even if he has a ton of them?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]>Wow Topgun got nuked again ?

***Looks like a lot of us are getting nuked and most of the posts did not appear to have any site rule violations in them, especially the map that the OP posted yesterday. I guess maybe poaching is a bad topic to post about on this site, along with making any negative comments about the way the auction tags hunts are handled by a certain guy and his "posse" of spotters, etc. I just got reamed the other day on the AR site by the high roller and his buddies that bought the AI sheep hunt this year when I "strongly suggested" that merely having to climb the mountain one day where those sheep are and can be seen through a spotting scope from the road was about as close to not being a fair chase hunt as there is! IMHO the dollars spent for those type of "hunts" are more detrimental to the sport than any good they might do and that's exactly what I told him. The guy's name is Larry Shores and he is a bigshot from Orlando that owns a lucrative CPA business and lives in a fancy closed-gate community. In talking with him I found him to be a pompous asshat who appears to like telling everyone how successful he is, where he lives, and that he's been on more fancy hunts all over the world that any other ten people on the planet. ADDENDUM---PS: I have nothing against rich people, but this guy, unlike Denny Austad who seems like a down to earth gentleman, made me sick when I chatted with him!

"The guy's name is Larry Shores and he is a bigshot from Orlando that owns a lucrative CPA business and lives in a fancy closed-gate community."

Can you explain to me one single good reason to post this man's name, occupation, and whether he is a successful businessperson here? What is the point of making your childish conquests a public resource? I find behavior such as this despicable and right in line with what I expect of a person with low moral standing such as yourself. If hating other men's success in some form of perverse class warfare is what brings you satisfaction within your life you failed in life.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 01:19PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 01:09?PM (MST)

>Does this google earth image look
>familiar?
>
>

>

Yep! But it must be old, I don't see any houses!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 01:23PM (MST)[p]>>Does this google earth image look
>>familiar?
>>
>>

>>
>
>
>Yep! But it must be old,
>I don't see any houses!

***Actually it looks like that photo says it was just taken in June of this year. Maybe the Utah residents live in invisible houses!

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13
>AT 01:23?PM (MST)

>
>>>Does this google earth image look
>>>familiar?
>>>
>>>

>>>
>>
>>
>>Yep! But it must be old,
>>I don't see any houses!
>
>
>***Actually it looks like that photo
>says it was just taken
>in June of this year.
> Maybe the Utah residents
>live in invisible houses!

Just taken looking further north than I thought! When you're that far away, the angles can fool ya!

What an aewsome buck to say the least, and what a tragedy for him to go like that..................... Also, i think topgun and tristate need to get out in the field just a little more each year. Just talking about hunting all the time instead of going seems to lead to a slight disconnect every once in a while!!!

>What an aewsome buck to say
>the least, and what a
>tragedy for him to go
>like that..................... Also, i think
>topgun and tristate need to
>get out in the field
>just a little more each
>year. Just talking about hunting
>all the time instead
>of going seems to lead
>to a slight disconnect every
>once in a while!!!

***Yea right! FYI I just got back two weeks ago from a 3 month 5 state hunting trip (See Topgun on page 2 of this Forum) and wasn't on the Forums here from 8/20 when I left home until 11/18 when I got back, LOL!!!

>>What an aewsome buck to say
>>the least, and what a
>>tragedy for him to go
>>like that..................... Also, i think
>>topgun and tristate need to
>>get out in the field
>>just a little more each
>>year. Just talking about hunting
>>all the time instead
>>of going seems to lead
>>to a slight disconnect every
>>once in a while!!!
>
>
>***Yea right! FYI I just
>got back two weeks ago
>from a 3 month 5
>state hunting trip (See Topgun
>on page 2 of this
>Forum) and wasn't on the
>Forums here from 8/20 when
>I left home until 11/18
>when I got back, LOL!!!
>

Relax, friend! He's funnin' with his "slight disconnect every once in a while!!!"

"Relax, friend! He's funnin' with his "slight disconnect every once in a while!!!"

***Sorry, if that's the case, but the way it goes sometimes on here it's hard to tell!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 08:12PM (MST)[p]>Klbzdad, you sure seem to know
>a lot about this buck.
>If you have really watched
>it and know so much
>why don't you post up
>one of your own photo's
>of it?

I work hard for the few photos I take and have learned that there are a few outfitters familiar with areas that I have taken photos and posted them online. Within a short period of time, they suddenly show up after having NEVER seen them in that area before. One year, one outfitter in particular made the mistake of asking me if I had seen a bull elk in my own photo. When I said, "nope" and then asked where he got the photo, he told me HE had taken it. So, I'll keep them to myself.

Trophy animals living in close proximity to people tend to become celebrities of sorts. That is the case with this buck.

elkfromabove,

Google isn't so great with their 3D unless you pay for it and I won't....ever. I've spent enough time out there that I know almost exactly where Josh was standing while holding that buck's noggin. Hard to match it up exactly. This morning, there were about 150 head in the field by the festival city sign. Incredible sight!!!! I didn't have my camera with me, unfortunately.

stupid"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom