Another chunk of...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...top sirloin from the freezer. Lathered it with peppercorn sauce & added a pile of fries, mixed salad, some fresh green beans & some vino for a hearty meal. For an appetizer I had pieces of jicama sprinkled with chile powder, paprika & a squirt of lime juice.

jicama.JPG

topsirloin2.JPG

topsirloin3.JPG

Last edited:
I like this on jicama (and melon and nachos and tacos…..)
So I just looked at what I used last night. I thought it was just chile powder but it's very much like your stuff.

"El Sol Chile con Limon Seasoning is a delicious mix of salt and ground chilis, ideal for fruits and vegetables. Sprinkle on melons, oranges, cucumbers, jicamas, mangos, papayas, peaches, nectarines, watermelon, corn on the cob, etc. No preservatives. All Natural. No M.S.G."

1633380985218.png

That's a great looking hunk of meat. I may have to run to the store.
It's was a piece of one of the very large ones we bought on sale for $3.95 lb. a while back. I just looked in one of the ads for this week; Fry's is selling beef STEW meat for $4.99 lb. I can't imagine anyway paying that when Safeway regularly has boneless chuck roast for $3 lb.

A root veggie similar to a potato or turnip. Can eat it raw by itself or in salads or cooked ala French fries. It doesn't have a lot of flavor other than being a bit sweet tasting.

Jicama (HEE-kah-ma), sometimes referred to as yam bean, Mexican turnip, or Mexican potato, is an edible root vegetable native to Mexico. In Central America, jicama is often sold by street vendors and commonly eaten raw, and seasoned with lemon or lime juice and chili powder. In the United States, however, jicama is less common and may intimidate home cooks who've never tried it. But there's no need to fear this tasty, nutrient-dense tuber—jicama's mild flavor and satisfying crunch lends it to a myriad of culinary uses. Here's everything you need to know about jicama, plus delicious and easy jicama recipes.

Gotta put salt on jicama along with those other goodies. While similar to uncooked potato in texture, they are very tasty. With apologies to Tony, consider them a yummy cousin to cucumber. I would season them like I would cucumber and eat them chilled. Personal preference.

Gotta put salt on jicama along with those other goodies. While similar to uncooked potato in texture, they are very tasty. With apologies to Tony, consider them a yummy cousin to cucumber. I would season them like I would cucumber and eat them chilled. Personal preference.
Thankfully they taste nothing like the lowly cukes. :ROFLMAO:

Agreed on the salt. The stuff I used on mine already has salt in it. (y)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom