Another Guess the Age Buck

ICMDEER

Very Active Member
I finally got the age of this buck from the G&F last week. We had another buck's teeth turned in, but they were either lost or broken so no info on him. Here's a quick summary: (And you can see it in the pic as well)

Three points on each side
Just over 29" wide
No eye guards/brows
Not real heavy or massive

We pretty much called him a management buck. But a 29" buck is always something that's maybe a notch better than management. But not a trophy.

How old do you think G&F aged him to be?

21 EM buck 2.jpg

8 1/2, looks like very familiar genetics.

Oh, I forgot, no mature bucks in your area, 2 1/2 is my guess now.
Nice buck sir, good to see those big 3's coming out of the gene pool.

I think this has pretty much run its course. You people are good. The buck was aged at 7.5. I should have taken a pic of his molars. They were really worn; about shot. I thought he might have been older. The Game Warden even guessed him at 9.5.

He did have a big body and was in great shape.

Thanks for playing. No prizes but still fun.

I finally got the age of this buck from the G&F last week. We had another buck's teeth turned in, but they were either lost or broken so no info on him. Here's a quick summary: (And you can see it in the pic as well)

Three points on each side
Just over 29" wide
No eye guards/brows
Not real heavy or massive

We pretty much called him a management buck. But a 29" buck is always something that's maybe a notch better than management. But not a trophy.

How old do you think G&F aged him to be?

View attachment 80519

Oops, I just looked at the op and didn't scroll down. I was obviously off haha

I found these two sets of antlers from a big three similar to yours. A friend shot him the next year. Just a bit smaller than the sheds. Lab aged at 12. I would not be a bit surprised if your buck is 10 years old or better.
DSCN3731.JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom