Another one gets nailed!

I wish the fine could be 3x$8k, mandatory license revocation (lifetime) and 6 months in jail. Then it might deter a few more folks.

It almost sounds like he planned it that way all along. Use good ol dad's tag!

Zeke

Agree Zeke. Just good to see the Judges starting to up hold this and not just the slap on the hand. Hopefully now the fish and game will take his hunting rights for a good long time.

>I wonder if Dad was in
>on it? They don't say
>anything about him getting charged.
>

???

SPLAIN THAT?

You Thinkin He Tagged it with His Dads Tag without His Dad knowing?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Dad should get double the fine and double the time The DWR should also have some way of telling if a person has been a hunter before they let them receive a limited tag.... No more NON hunting Family members using up the point system so "Johnny" can have a tag. The new mentoring program will eventually make this $hit legal

No it won't.....smart people know the difference between mentoring a YOUTH and a 40 year old illegally party hunting on the old man's tag. Nice try though.-----SS

Tell me this springville "smart person" How will this mentoring $hit effect the point creep now that non hunting Granny's and Aunty's and uncle (non hunting ) jim bob will now be applying for tags so little jimmy might have a chance at a tag.. if it wont lead to BAD change then tell me this. What would it have been called 5 years ago if granny had a Deer tag and let her 17 year old grandson fill the tag? It would have been called POACHING and or PARTY HUNTING. Now its called MENTORING. How is this a step in the right direction? Unless you have a spoiled brat that wants to hunt and family members who will apply for coddle (mentor) tags for them, this doesn't work, and is NOT a good thing for hunting in general.

Oh JUDAS!

BUCKY Might get TRIED here on MM later this Fall!

We'll see!:D

RAZZIN Ya sw!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-14 AT 06:11PM (MST)[p]Ok smart guy, the stats will be coming out soon. Pull up some evidence that the mentor program has had an impact on point creep. Until then you are just spouting off made up scenarios.

There will be no "extra" applications in my family as a result of the program and I plan on thoroughly enjoying some extra opportunity with my kids, namely antler less and general tags. If that pisses you off oh well. ##### away and try to get it changed......good luck with that.-------SS

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-14 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]

I've always wanted to let my kids shoot my cow elk....this year it will happen.
Hell they might shoot my general buck too. Man I bet that pisses you off! I could care less.-------SS

Springvilleshooter, I would love to see the "Stats" that are about to come out, regarding the impact of the mentoring program and point creep. PLEASE post where we can look at these "Stats". I would be an interesting read, as with only one year into the mentoring program, and figuring point creep with all the variables,how many idle points vrs how many applications,residency changes,deaths,switching units and species... ya I would love to see the "TRUTH' about it all. The reason I stated it (mentoring) would influence the current point problems Utah sportsmen face was really just basic math, I know it may be way beneath someone of your advanced intellect,but as I see it if 10 people (too youth) put in for 2 tags, and then the same people apply for the same 2 tags the next year, and the too youth asks granny and gramps to apply in their behalf. Well i'll add it up for you 10+granny a and granny b X 2= 14 gramps a and gramps b X 2 is another 4 so now its 18 applications for 2 tags. There I hope that wasn't to beneath you. As for "Pissing me off" by letting your kids shoot your game. Why would you think that? I couldn't care less about you and your kids. I don't think I know you or them , and as far as I know I don't want to . I would ask a simple question of you tho.. why aren't your kids applying for their own tags?

You're right! and think about all the polygamist families in Utah. Heck, one family could have a dramatic effect on the draws. I never made the connection. As far as my kids, why would I waste money putting them in for the draws when they can fill my tag? We only need one cow elk per year and my wife and I usually draw alternate years. So now that the kids can fill our tags there is no need to put them in the draws. Do your special math and see how my families' use of the mentoring program is affecting the draws. No BS....I did not put any of my kids into the antlerless draw this year. I foresee that we will do the same thing with the generals in the future. The hunt we like takes a point to guarantee so instead of putting everyone in each year, we'll just alternate. This will save me money and my kids and I will get to hunt together every year. Apply your formula and see hoe this strategy affects the draw pool for our zone? Hint, you're gonna have to use the (-) sign.

This is why I like the program. It returns control to make decisions back to my wife and I. We know our kids, our budget, and how much game meat that we can use each year. No more years with 4 elk tags, then zip the next year. My kids will hunt every year that they want to.

What a stupid program, right?--------SS

The program has got my step son to get off the sofa and well now he scouts with me. Why because I told him he can hunt my deer with my bow this year, I told him he has to keep the grades up and all that jazz. In years past I could not get him off the sofa, and he refused hunters safety (has his bio dads work ethic). Anyways long story short the little guy is now at least willing to go out hunting, which is a big relief because if I had to fight away the xbox one more year I was going to shoot it.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

I really hope your plan works out for you and your family, You had better hope nobody else apply for your hunt that does use my special math or you might only get that Elk tag every 3 to 4 years... and when that happens your kids wont be "youth" forever. There are a lot of programs for youth to hunt.And yes I agree with your last statement ,the mentoring program is stupid, It another way for the DNR to receive more money ( with more apps) without providing any more or new hunts. As for the other persons comment about the X box, the one is my home has a button that turns it off, if that didn't work it can be unplugged and put away. I have only my grandkids that would be young enough to use the "mentoring racket" but if they want to hunt I will gladly take them small game hunting, until they have their own Deer or Elk tag. Good luck to you and your family, I hope your plans all work out for you folks.

Let me see if I'm smart enough to put this thought into words.

When you take something that is wrong and give it a cute name and then make it right, all in the name of the kids, you're headed the wrong direction.

OK class, can you think of any other bad things which now have cute names and we're supposed to find them socially acceptable?
Oh good, I see you thought of a couple.

It's called "spin". You can spin it all you want but it's simply another way to make more $ and provide less service while benefitting a few select folks. Our Gov has been doing just that for years with my money and I get pretty sick of it.

Those who will benefit are all for it, with a very few exceptions. Those who can think for themselves and can see past the immediate gratification are NOT all for it!

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-14 AT 03:45PM (MST)[p]>I wonder if dad was in
>on it? They don't say anything
>about him getting charged.

>???
>
>SPLAIN THAT?
>
>You Thinkin He Tagged it with
>His Dads Tag without His
>Dad knowing?
>
>
>
>Maybe Dad's 85 years old and in A rest home and has no clue what his son is up too!! ya never know these days. Guys will do about anything to get A Tag. I find it strange no info on what happened too Dad if anything. I am sure that would not be the first time something like that has happened.

The xbox is more metephorical yes I have the xbox but it also is locked in my room most of the time. The point is, this law actually got him to get off his butt and now he is more willing to go outside. I by all means do not plan on catering to him with this law, and he was told if he can keep his grades up he can hunt 2 days with the bow to see if he likes it. After that he will need to take hunters safety. I was just surprised at how quick he got off the sofa when I told him he could hunt without doing hunters safety.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom