Another Quick Question

FamousAddiction

I bought a dozen Gold Tip XT Hunters 7595 arrows, put my new G5 strikers on, but noticed when I spin tested them that 6 of the arrows seemed to have a noticeable wobble to them, the other six weren't bad. I'm assuming my inserts are crooked (not installed by me) and was wondering if I could use an ASD to touch up the inserts a little bit to get the wobble out without having to re-cut and re-glue them?

Thanks in advance

it could be possible and would be worth a try. I have friends that do that to their arrows and their inserts. you could also try and put pressure on the tip of your broad head and bend it until it is spins straight.

It could also be you have long arrows and you should have purchased the pro's.

If you have a short draw like myself you can get away with the cheaper arrows and still be straight. all you have to do is cut the crooked end off. If you have a longer arrow it makes it harder to do so i always recommend the best you can afford

hope it works out with what ever you do

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I do have longer arrows, they are about 31" from tip of BH to tip of knock. I have 6 arrows that spin-tested pretty good so I will give them a try tonight and see how they shoot. If all goes well I'll just use the other 6 for target practice, if not I'll get an ASD an try get my inserts shaved down a touch. I know next year I will buy the Pro's with the .001 straightness instead of the XT Hunters with .003.

SWBuckmaster: How exactly do you apply pressure to the tip of the broadhead. Do you put it n a solid surface and push straight down on it. By dooing that, am I going to bend th BH tip or is it going to bend the insert?

I know it sounds wierd, but try the six heads that are not spinning correctly on some of the other arrows that you are having problems with.

Well after work last night I started shooting my 6 that I felt spin-tested the best. I shot at 20 yds and was hitting about 3 inches low, so I bumped up my rest a little and was hitting right where I wanted to. I stepped back to 40 yards and was pretty much dead on there as well. I'll step back to 50 and 60 yds tonight and see how it goes. Being that this is my first year of being "serious" and wanting my equipment to be flawless, your form has to be pretty perfect to get good arrow flight with broadheads. Hopefully I'm on at 50-60 yds, if not I'm sure I'll be asking for more suggstions.

Thanks for all the help fellas.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom