Another sad accident...

derquhart

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/2...oting-friend-in-deer-hunting/?test=latestnews

A Vermont man took his own life Saturday after accidentally killing his friend in a deer hunting accident, police said.

Authorities said they believe 49-year-old Timothy Bolognani, of Readsboro, Vt., killed himself with a hunting rifle after accidentally shooting his friend, 39-year-old Benjamin Birch, while the two were hunting for deer Saturday morning, the Bennington Banner reported.

The two men were reportedly hunting in woods about a mile west of Howe Pond Road in Readsboro with another friend, identified as Mark Colford.

Police said that when they responded to the scene, they found Bolognani and Birch dead from gunshot wounds, according to the newspaper.

Investigators said Birch shot at a deer, which then ran through the woods. The three men tried to track the animal, police said, and at some point Bolognani fired his rifle.

Birch was heard crying out before Bolognani and Colford found him lying on the ground, where he later died, the newspaper reported.

Bolognani, the son of former state Rep. Betty Bolognani, then shot and killed himself with his own rifle, police said. No foul play is suspected.

"These guys were best friends and professional hunters," Birch?s mother, Jacqueline Clara Howe, told the Boston Herald.

The hunting deaths were the second tragedy to hit the Bolognani family in the past two years.

Bolognani's 18-year-old daughter, Jessica, reportedly died in a snowmobile accident in Jan. 2010.

The teenager was struck by an oncoming snowmobile after falling from her own, according to the Burlington Free Press.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/2...n-deer-hunting/?test=latestnews#ixzz1f79NJuUy

Wow, did I read that right? He shot himself like right after? While he was still in the woods? Sad deal. Not much time in thought about taking his own life.

Sad deal. I could not imagine the pain of having to deal with shooting your best friend in an accident like that. Never know what an individual would do in that situation until it happens...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

RE: Beavis14 is aDouche!

>Beavis, your a F#$&in douche
> bag!

Pretty much.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

This is heart breaking.

About 20 years ago, very close friends of mine returned from a hunting trip with their young son. The family was carrying things in the house, and the boy had the rifle, which he took to a bedroom. The gun was fired, striking a nieghbor hood child. Seeing the result, the boy then shot himself. He was their only child.

Yelum

WOW! This is such a tragedy. My heart goes out to the family.

Beavis You are an ass! Accidents happen. How do you think you were born!

Very sad!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-11 AT 07:38AM (MST)[p] to all haters, you take ownership of your bullet! there are no " accidents " period. to bad about it, but there were no accidents here.

Beavis14,
I very very rarely say anything on here. Been a member for a number of years, but I like to just sit and read everything on here. Occasionally ask for some advice, but........I can't help myself here. You are more than a complete douche! I actually don't know what even to say about your comment, other than it sounds rediculously immature. I hope for your sake you never go through anything like this. Or on second thought maybe it'd be best if you did. Maybe it'd fix your f'd up mind.

Sorry fella's. Had to get that out.

sometimes the truth hurts. we aren't all dumbas*es who shoot their friends and wound deer and elk all over the countryside and then say oh " it happens " so i am a douche thats cool rather be that than a unsafe or unethical dumbas*

I'm a bit shocked Beavis hasn't been nuked from the site at this point... Biggest piece of DoucheBaggery there is out there... What a sad way to go through life.

Unfortunate accident in the article.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

That is nuts. Scary deal feel bad for the family seems like theres been alot of hunting accidents this year. I would feel really bad if I shot a human being cant even imagine how that guy felt to watch his friend die.

One deer hunting fatality in Nebraska this year a 70 year old man shot his best friend who was 69 they had hunted together since high school. I can hardly imagine the pain he is going through. I think that's why I'm so anal with gun and archery safety.

Is there anyway to get the trolls like Beavis off of here? I mean how many strikes can a dude really get? For real, kick him out of here!

heart goes out to there family's, thats just sad.... beavis14 your a moron. show some respect. Accidents happen.

i have twice the posts as you coyote no troll here. just telling my opinion. gun accidents do not exist. careless people kill other people.

Beavis, have you really NEVER had an accident?

Any accident carries some degree of carelessness I suppose but I don't think that needs to be pointed out on a hunting website that one of these guys family members or friends could read.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 08:11AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 08:11?AM (MST)

Beavis nobody is saying you aren't right, just that it is an inappropriate time to do so. It is irreverent and disrespectful. Would you go to an elderly woman's funeral who had a sordid past and stand up in the middle of it and say, "She was on old whore and I won't miss her!" ??

You might even say yes to that question and it might even be correct, but no one will look at you the same ever again. Same kind of thing you are doing here. In effect, you are saying that your opinion is more important than being respectful. When you do this at inappropriate times it reveals a very narcissistic desire to prop your ownself up above the situation discussed and it causes all your future opinions, however right they may be, to be overlooked, dismissed and ignored.

Tragic story. People make tragic mistakes all the time and it is sad when it happens to individuals of whom we expect it should never happen to. It sounds like this guy was already suffering from the loss of his daughter and this just put him over the top. I grieve for both families.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

i didn't mean to be disrespectful to the family. i don't know these people personaly and don't grieve for people i don't know personaly. i was just stating my opinion. i feel for the families losses. let's hope something was learned from this tragedy .

Beavis, Uh, I think your name realy fits.

There's not one person that has grown up hunting or shooting that hasn't had some sort of accidental discharge. Accidents happen! I do agree when they do happen there is a degree of carelessness. Those incidents create the knowledge within us to be more careful. Unfortunatley we read about the accidents where the victim was actually in the wrong place at the wrong time. This is the only differance between an embarrassing butt of a joke and something none of us would want to live with.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-11 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]thanks for setting me straight " mutley " i guess no one carlessly kills anyone with their lack of gun safety. people are mearly " in the wrong place at the wrong time " i am glad you told me this as i don't feel so bad for missing the covey of chuckers i shot at and missed last weekend. i didn't miss, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

this is my last post on this topic. i am sorry i disrespected the hunters family. in hindsight that was wrong. it is a public forum as was stated, and may have coused the grieving family additional anguish. as it is a public forum i felt obligated to state some of these tragedies i read about on this forum aren't accidents but carelessnes. very tragic carelessnes. i am too insensitive for this site it would seem as everyone sorrows for total strangers. and that is fine. i will hold my thoughts to myself. and to the folks that wanted me dead. mighty christian of you. have a great holiday

I hope you keep your promise and keep your thoughts to yourself! We would all be grateful.

Its called common sense and compassion, if you are "christian" as you are calling others out you would practice it! Obviously it was a tragic mistake that could of and should of been avoided. But the "I told you so" rub their face in it make a joke attitude you always have is beyond human if you ask me. There are two families somewhere experiencing something I would never wish on anyone, all the while you crack jokes about it. WOW. Please stay gone!

I cant imagine, My dad found his best friend who accidentally killed himself while squirrel hunting.
40 years later it still bothers my dad to this day.
My family will say prayers for the affected families tonight.
God be with them.

booner.

beavwuss, better to let them think your a fool, than to open your mouth and release all dought.

You are a peach indeed. Please go away and never return!! We do not need your kind on here..

I thought you weren't going to post again beav.

This is a sad story. My friends that I hunt with may as well be family. I can't imagine this happening.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-11 AT 04:25PM (MST)[p]On that I can certainly agree wtih you one_dryboot, as this guy is just too much with the thoughtless BS he spouts in about every post he puts up!!! Besides that, he can't spell either, LOL---"bafoons"!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-11 AT 07:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-11 AT 07:11?PM (MST)

never mind .logic and fact don't matter to most . everyone is a victim of circumstance . no one is to blame. " it happens ". for every negative post i have twenty friendly ones. more Hypocritical name slinging

"These guys were best friends and professional hunters,"

Very sad indeed. This is a case where it was "shoot one and done". He punched his own tag and under the circumstances, i can understand why he did as he did. Terrible thing!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Is beavis also named whiskydrinker on this site cause they both have the same attitude towards people. Beavis there arent words to describe you man. Hint, everything isnt about you all the time beavis, you selfish,egotistical, 7 year old child acting dude. I bet if this happened to beavis and his family he would be sobing and crying in a corner just like the rest of us. He would probably also be asking for a hug from everyone also. Trust me guys like beavis are usually total dorks(super nerdy) in real life.

it won't happen to my family, we aren't irresponcible with firearms . and i have only one log in. believe it or not, not everyone has a victim complex. some make safety first

LAST EDITED ON Dec-04-11 AT 07:45AM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-11
>AT 07:12?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-11
>AT 07:11?PM (MST)

>
>never mind .logic and fact don't
>matter to most . everyone
>is a victim of circumstance
>. no one is to
>blame. " it happens ".
>for every negative post i
>have twenty friendly ones. more
>Hypocritical name slinging

I am sorry for jumping into this one in the first place. Guys like beavis are so lost and angry ,there is no way to get thru to them. Beavis has already damaged himself enough on this site. Now he will spend all his time on here trying to fight with everyone about how he isnt a total teebagger. We should all start a "beavis needs a counselor fund to help him function with other people in real life", since we all are forced to deal with him on here.. Just when you think you have seen everything, good old beavis pops up and blows your mind with his perfectness and in general complete looserness. Beavis your non mistake making butt has set the bar really high this time for others on here to top your ignorance and flat out total teebagger attitude. I bet beavis feels alot better inside everytime he acts like this, its like spinach is for popye, it honestly makes him feel good(so so so sad). (moment of silence)

If I lost my 18 year old daughter, and then tragically accidentally killed a good friend......well I certainly understand Mr. Bolognani's action. What pain he must have felt! Prayers go out to both families!

Eel

doesn't make me feel good at all. as i have said i feel for the families. guess guys are too ignorant to read all the post, they just pick and choose issues to attack me with. all i wanted to get across is shootings can be avoided . i guess i am the only one who feels so. it is unfortunate it happened.

Beavis , too bad your douchebag dad had an accidental discharge into your dead beat mom...it could have been prevented and we wouldn't have to listen to your crap!

Traditional >>>------->

real classy horsecreek. calling my family names is over the line. call me what you will but keep my family out of it.

Lol beavis can't handle it now that the tables are turned. Typical D-BAG. Sometimes the truth hurts BeavisDBag14. so suck it up and learn to live with it.

utardia at it's finest........... i KNOW my family dipshi*. and my parents haven't murdered anyone lately with a firearm or commited the crime of suicide. man you guys are utarded to the max !

Hahaha, you are so pathetic Beavis! Classy? You mean like piling on someone who had a horrible accident? Suck it up and be a man. Again too bad your loser parents had their worst accident that could have been prevented in you! Stupid breeds stupid! Good Gawd I hope you're sterile!

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 09:08AM (MST)[p]you are real class act horsecreek. i bet your folks are proud of you. which based on your comments i would doubt......

not real sure why i am being dogpiled on but don't care it is just internet jabbering means nothing. i can defend my position, and won't trade family insults with brainless midgets that won't take responcibility for there actions. everyone is a victim in utardia .......

the guy murdered his friend and commited a crime by killing himself. PERIOD ! the gun didn't tip over rested on a tree and discharge he aimed it and pulled the trigger. then he took his life which is a criminal act !

i guess every drunk driver that kills people are a victim of circumstance no fault of thier own. people who text and drive and hit a bridge piling aren't at fault the PHONE killed them.

it is VERY, VERY , VERY unfortunate. and as i have frickin' stated multiple times i feel for the families. but if it makes you guys feel better to take shots at my 'nam vet father and deceased mother go ahead. maybe you can skip your next shrink visit or lower your antidepresant intake. happy holidays to all even the haters.......

ok I think I know why beavis is such a D-Bag. His father's were married in san frandisco and were one of the first to take advantage of gay marriage. Sadly they met at the Buddy Ranch in Nv and decided to bring a child into it. One of the crack whore's just got knocked up so they took this little child she called beavis and adopted him.
Growing up beavis always told the other kids that having two fathhers and a big rainbow on his backpack is the only way to go. Beavis now resides somewhere in idaho and is currently in the gennis book of world records for becoming the first man to practice gay plural marriage and is currently seeking his 7th husband to join.

The only crime or accident committed here beavis is the shear act of you opening your mouth in the first place. I would use this thread and the reactions to it as a learning experience for you beavis. I also suspect that everyone in your life, or at least the people you deal with on a day to day basis, have been sick of your rants about lame stuff and your corresponding lame attitude in general for a long time. This is your wake up call, and a chance to actually have a heart for once. Good luck on the change, its going to be a long road cause you have alot of work to do.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 10:09AM (MST)[p]Since when is suicide a criminal act Mr. b14? The guy killed his buddy, but not intentionally and, although both are dead, the shooter is not considered a murderer by anyone but you Mr. beavis butthead, LOL!!! Looks like the "dogpile" is at least getting b14 to think a little, but with the little brain power he exhibits on these Forums, that's about all that we can expect!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 10:21AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 10:18?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 10:16?AM (MST)

you must be another " it happens " poster lovely......i only respond to the idiots who gutshoot and can't track, shoot to far for their capibility, lose 3-4 animals a year posts ect. "but it wasn't their fault" posts or anything that people don't take responcibility for posts, or safety issues. i NEVER , NEVER take personal attacks at their family as you wonderful folks do. real grown up. i wish i could live in your world , where there are no mistakes. " accidents happen " the gun pointed it self and fired by itself as i was holding it. ect.

too bad if some people can't handle being told the truth. if it hurts your feelings i am so sorry..... i guess we should all look the other way as you stumble through your mistake free lives so you can feel impowered. i think not.......

believe it or not in almost every state this is a " double homicide" and hunting " accidents " are homicide. and you fine stewerds of utah don't bother me. it is kind of fun. in idaho suicide is a crime maybe in utah it would called an " accident "or in some cases as i am noting lately an "improvement "

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-11 AT 10:50AM (MST)[p]I think we should let this thread die right now for the sake of the reason it was originally posted (the families). I truly beleive beavis is getting off on all this attention, and he actually needs this drama to survive his everyday life. Its sad we couldnt have spent more time about the real reason for the post, and not feeding beavis more spinach for his quest to try to piss everyone off. LET THIS THREAD DIE FELLAS IN AN ATTEMPT TO STARVE BEAVIS OF ALL THIS ATTENTION THAT HE CRAVES SO DEARLY. I can only pray that something like what happened to these 2 hunting buddies doesnt happen to me or anyone for that matter. MY HUNTING BUDDIES WHO I SPEND MORE THAN A 100 DAYS IN THE FIELD WITH A YEAR ARE MY BROTHERS, FRIENDS, PEOPLE I WOULD DIE FOR AND TRUST TO THE BONE, AND LOOSING ONE OF THEM LIKE THIS WOULD BE MY WORST NIGHTMARE. JUST TRYING TO PUT MYSELF IN THOSE TWO HUNTING BUDDIES SHOES FOR EVEN A MINUTE OUT THERE IN THE WOODS BRINGS A TEAR TO MY EYE. PEACE OUT BEAVIS.

I wish whoever is in charge of this site would just delete this whole post just in case the families involved ever somehow got a chance to read it, even if the chance was less than 1 percent. I wouldnt want a hunting site like this, a site i like so much, to do any more damage to an already tragic accident. This isnt what this site was set up for. It was set up for all us hunting dudes who cant get enough of chasing bulls and bucks to share and enjoy. This isnt enjoyable at all but instead it sucks. Hunting and watching other people hunt is what it is all about. DUMP THIS THREAD PLEASE.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom