Another Sad Poaching Incident

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
GAME AND FISH SEEKS INFORMATION IN ELK POACHING

Sheridan?The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking information leading to the apprehension of those responsible for the illegal killing of eight elk in Sheridan County.

The elk were discovered on a private ranch northwest of Parkman. Four of the elk were bulls, three were cows and one was a calf. The antlers, some of the heads and meat were removed from the elk at the scene; however, seven of the eight animals had edible portions that were left to waste.

Dayton Game Warden Dustin Shorma says, ?The killing of these animals was very disturbing. These elk were very vulnerable as they were on their winter range when they were killed. Those responsible obviously lack the ethics that most hunters have for the wildlife resource. Hopefully, someone will come forward with information that will lead to a conviction.?

A cash reward is available to any individual that provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the illegal and intentional killing of these eight elk.

Anyone with information regarding this wildlife violation are encouraged to call the Stop Poaching Hotline at (877) WGFD TIP - (877) 943-3847 or Game Warden Dustin Shorma at 307-655-9495. Callers can remain anonymous. People with information pertaining to any wildlife violation can text WGFD at 847-411 or visit: http://gf.state.wy.us/stoppoaching

Good grief. Hope they catch the losers. I would like to use some more harsh words for the a-holes

Hard to believe that people wouldn't know something when that many animals, especially elk, are killed in one spot at the same time like that! If they catch whoever did it, there ought to be felony charges filed and the book thrown at them!

I hunted near that area this last fall. The guy I talked to said they have a huge problem with the Indian Reservation near there. When the elk move to the winter ground the Indians go in and poach them then return to the res. There is no extradition. Once they make it back to the res they are safe. It's happened before. A real problem in the area.

>I hunted near that area this
>last fall. The guy I
>talked to said they have
>a huge problem with the
>Indian Reservation near there. When
>the elk move to the
>winter ground the Indians go
>in and poach them then
>return to the res. There
>is no extradition. Once they
>make it back to the
>res they are safe. It's
>happened before. A real problem
>in the area.

I looked on the map and see we're talking right along the Montana border which is the southern boundary of the huge Crow Indian Reservation. Good luck if that's who's doing the poaching!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom