Another tip question

cjboz

Very Active Member
Good post on here for tipping on a guided hunt..Now my question is what if you draw the tag and hire a guide to accompany you on a hunt. You bring lodging, food etc. He charges for his guiding service let's say 350 a day. Do you tip him the same 10% after the hunt? Also what if you are unsuccessful? I have not been on a guided hunt, but have always wondered about this scenario.

In most states you can't just hire an independent guide you have to go through a licensed outfitter. If someone is offering guiding sevices and they aren't an outfitter then it's probably illegal and you can be cited for hiring an unlicensed guide. There are exceptions though, landowners in some states can guide on their property without a license.

I did this on a Resevation once. We had an agreement for $1,500 for a five day hunt and I killed on the first day. I thought $1,500 was pretty good pay one days work. I think I gave him another $100 because he was a great guide. I do think his knowledge and ability was why it only lasted one day.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom