Another Triple _BB Gem!

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
I just read and had to laugh at this latest statement you just made in the Resident Only Thread: I'll agree 100% the G&F needs to cut non rezi tags to 10% like the rest of the western states on everything. If you figured what that amount of non rezi revenue is and added it into the cost of a resident license it would be nothing spread over the the 90% of the resident LQ and general tags."

Do you have any idea how much money you're talking about that YOU would have to make up with tag cuts like you're espousing when NRs are now paying the majority of YOUR G&F budget? Cutting the NR tags in half or more like you guys are discussing is not the answer IMHO if you want to see YOUR G&F Department survive without losing everyone but the draw staff! Wyoming does not have the resident hunter base like other western states to come close to doing what you're saying without raising YOUR fees so high that most resident hunters would probably have to get another job that isn't even available to pay for those increases or they would probably have to quit hunting!!! Saying your price increase would be nothing when spread across the resident tags is ludicrous at best and just a plain stupid statement!!!

Amen to that Topgun. I don't know where they think the money they need will come from.

Well do the math douche bag. If they sell 70,000 deer licenses a year not including left over tags and you take the revenue generated by 10% or 7000 NR tags plus their points and spread the revenue decrease across the other 63,000 resident licenses, how much do you think a resident license will increase. I'm guessing $30 - $40? That'll buy me a 1/3 of a tank of gas. I think most residents would gladly pay a slight increase for an increased chance at drawing a license. Most other western states are already at 10%. Are you hearing those residents crying that their license fee's cost too much? Those states are making it work and so could we. Another thought is to let the market determine what the new higher prices should be for the remaining 10% of NR tags. That would help offset any possible revenue decrease. You also failed to mention my suggestion about higher prices for high demand areas like in New Mexico. It would all factor into the mix. At any rate, Stang was asking for resident input and I see you just couldn't resist. Is what it is and yer still a dumb schitt!

You're the total DB here Triple_BB! I started my own thread for this discussion and didn't even try to restrict respondents so strang and his thread were not bothered by my speaking out about your STUPID post. Anyway, you better go back to the drawing board and first grade Mr. DB! When one of our NR licenses costs TEN times what you pay for a license and you lose that license fee, it will either require that you recruit ten more residents to make up for that money or you'll pay that huge increase in your license fees. That's if things stay the way they are right now and if any of those Bills would have passed it would have been an even bigger gap betyween the two! The first possibility would be completely unacceptable to you and all the other whiners because there would be a lot more hunters than there already are for you to compete with even though they might be residents. The second would also be fought by the majority of resident hunters who are already up in arms and don't even want a $5 to $10 dollar increase on their license that was recently proposed!!! Your math sucks, just like some of your other comments about NRs causing all of your problems!!!

I guess the reason this makes you so mad is because you hunt here. I agree it does suck for NR, but the state needs to take care of it's residents first. My father is a NR and it sucks if the tags were cut, but he understands. If the tags were cut 10% then the residents would only need to make up the other 10%, which I would have no problem doing. Where you writing emails and hurt deep down inside when NM cut NR tags, or did you not care because NM wasn't a place you planned on hunting. No one is saying you can't come out to Wyoming and hunt, by all means come on, I'm just saying you should have a 10% chance at getting your tag.

I wont say there is no way that NR's will be limited to 10% of the available tags at some point.

But, what I will say is that triple_BB isnt considering some of the problems.

For starters you'd need to get this done via the legislature. I'm sure the Outfitter Lobby would like to have a little chat with him about his grand idea.

I also dont know how you go about limiting NR's to 10% of things like region wide general tags?

Do we just stop the NR region wide general deer tags and give them 10% of the total number of statewide resident general deer licenses sold?

Same would go for elk I guess...we're obligated to give NR about 7500 elk tags...drop the tag numbers in the LQ units, you'd end up giving them more general tags to meet the 7500 requirement. How is that going to impact general hunts for residents when we have 1500ish more NR general tags?

Its also a dumb idea with pronghorn as residents purchase less than 50% of the available licenses NOW. Why restrict them to 10% in the initial draw, then just give them 45-50% of the tags back via the leftover sale?

Same with a majority of the cow elk and doe/fawn deer/pronghorn tags. We couldnt GIVE them all away to Residents if we tried.

Guys like Triple_BB are nothing more than selfish whiners...constantly bitching about not drawing their LQ deer, elk, and pronghorn tags.

I have a suggestion for guys like triple_BB...get off your lazy arse and go hunt general areas and leftover pronghorn units.

I kill better animals on general tags than guys like Triple_BB would kill with their LQ tags of choice they complain about not drawing. Thats a fact.

Believe me, if it would shut triple_bb's whining pie-hole I'd give him his first choice tags every year. He'd be no threat to any trophy animals. Thats another fact.

...oh and grosventrehunter,

I did write and call the NM commission over that fiasco down there on taking tags from the various pools to give Residents better odds.

I was referred to Robert Espenoza, a SFW schill, that assured me there would be no cuts to NR DIY guys.

He also said he'd hang up if I called transferable Landowner tags, and Outfitter Sponsored tags, what they really are..."welfare" tags.

Liar, liar, pants on fire...seems appropriate for that power tool.

I'm largely done with applying for NM.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-13 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]grosventrehunter---The state G&F needs to take care of it's budget first! We are not talking about cutting the NR tags by 10%. The Triple_BB proposal is talking about cutting the tags TO 10%, which is a 50% or more tag reduction from the current levels. What you're talking about would probably require at least doubling or possibly tripling most of the resident license fees to make up for those cuts! Do you not realize that just one Type 1 or 2 NR license represents from around $300 to over $600 and that does not count the application fee, PP money most have tied up in that license, or the Conservation Stamp fee tacked on? How many residents do you think will get on the bandwagon and go for that kind of fee increase when the majority squawk when an increase of only 5 or 10 dollars is proposed? You need only look at the latest resident Bills that didn't even make it out of committee to find your answer. Finally, here's the answer to what appears to be a question on your part about my involvement in NM. I have actually written countless emails to Legislators on that NM tag reduction for DIY NRs, as well as the various Wyoming Bills that have been discussed on these Forums, on the AZ tag grab attempt by SFW, on the Montana Bill for corner jumping that was just defeated in the attempt to blast it out of committee, and now regarding the ongoing Colorado attempt to give landowners an additional ton of permits. The latter will be detrimental to both residents and NRs of that state. I also have no plans to hunt any of those states, so it's not just because I hunt in Wyoming that I'm involved in this discussion regarding tags, fees, etc. I appreciate BuzzH also addressing all the other tag money that would be involved, which would greatly increase the money that Wyoming would lose and the residents could never make up if this NR tag cut would be done. That is just the monetary aspects of the debate. Then add in how the buck to doe ratio could be greatly skewed if NRs are not taking what they do out of the herds and you're just talking more problems for the animals itself. Obviously there is a lot more involved than just saying to cut the NR tags so I can have a bigger or better piece of the pie like Triple_BB keeps spouting.

If they're not willing to add a few dollars to a NR license they sure as hell won't be dropping the quota to 10%.

Buzz, I have no doubt you called NM when they were trying to cut NR tags. I thank you for all you do, especially here in Wyoming. That was for TOPGUN. I too am done with NM. With that being said, I have never drawn a LQ deer tag and have had a couple good elk tags. I like knowing every year I have a chance at drawing a LQ tag, but if I don't I'm still hunting this great state. If I never get a LQ deer tag, I'm fine with that too, it won't stop me from trying every year though.

You said AS IS now the state has to give NR 7500 elk tags. Things are not going to stay AS IS much longer here in Wyoming. Change is coming, and when those changes come, I would like to see NR tags cut. I can care two shites about NR not liking me for saying so either. I also understand there are much bigger issues facing the GnF then cutting NR tags.

Some need to stop doing the math on AS IS, because that math won't compute once everything changes.

I too like Nevadas system over the other states, if that's what we must do.

I really do not see it ever happening. Simply put every gas stations, motel, restaurant, camp ground, lodge, etc. will all see decreased revenue.

Tripple is too stupid to see what else a NR hunter brings to the state. If it does happen there will be many places that struggle to make ends meet in the fall.

Buzz, if I draw a 16-2 elk tag this year like you and yer wife did last year, I'll shoot a comparable bull guaranteed. Why don't you post up a pic of the buck you shot in 34 last season and we'll see if its better than the 180 general license buck I shot last year or the 178 buck I took the year before...

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-13 AT 11:05PM (MST)[p]I have a solution that will address lack of revenue associated with decreasing nonresident tag quotas to 10%. We will only cut tags for LE units with <50% draw odds. No changes to general hunts. Were then talking a fairly low numbers of permits and the revenue loss will be insignifigant.
We will gladly accept a fee increase to make up for the small amount of revenue lost. This should satisy Topguns incredible concern for G&F revenue.

If there isn't at least 5 permits for a hunt area for the respective species there will be no nonresident tags for that hunt area. You see we have to have 5 tags to be able to give 20% to nonresidents. Lots of Western states have this as law.

Or how about capping nonresidents to up to 20% of the permits but no guarenteed percentage split. Montana, Idaho, Arizona all play this game.

I value non resident hunters and the role they play in the economy, and G&F revenue. I just never hear guys from Utah, Arizona, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, and NewMexico fighting for a bigger cut of their permits to their nonresident brothers from Wyoming. I'd like to reciprocate.

"We will gladly accept a fee increase to make up for the small amount of revenue lost. This should satisy Topguns incredible concern for G&F revenue."

Yea, right! That's why the small increase in fees in that resident Bill didn't even get out of committee this week, LOL! Hey, somebody has to be concerned about YOUR G&F Department because it sure doesn't look like most of the residents are when they can't even pass a bill to up the anty a few bucks on your part!

Most of my friends and hunting partners supported the respectable increase that the G&F was asking for. The problem is the G&F panders to the general public most of whom don't give a crap about funding issues.
Tie a license fee increase to taking non-resident permits away and you'll have different results because the same guys who don't understand the need for increased funding surely understand the "more for me mentality".

The amount of Applicants dictate more so for ones 'odd's of drawing' than the amount of tags in any given draw unit.

"Tie a license fee increase to taking non-resident permits away and you'll have different results because the same guys who don't understand the need for increased funding surely understand the "more for me mentality"."

That is a very-very accurate statement Eric!!!

Robb

That may very well be an accurate statement, but it sure doesn't speak highly for the knowledge of the residents on who the Department depends on and actually are the ones providing the bulk of funding for their hunting programs!

Wy G&F panders to the apathetic and indifferent.If they listened to those of us who attend meetings and give input year after year with little or no change in G&F policies,maybe they wouldn't be in the situation they are now regarding their lack of funding.

While I am in favor of raising resident license fees,it doesn't really bother me to see the dept squirming to try to figure out what to do now.

Never one to avoid a fight,TOPGUN sees the need to start them as well.Get ready,guys-Here it comes:BLAH,BLAH,BLAH.......

Like most guys I read far more than I ever comment, but I have to say that after many years of reading Triple Big Baby's incredibly self centered posts, that any grief he gets from others is well earned. Anyone that has so little respect for others as to brag about turning n.r's in for hunting in Wyoming's Wilderness Areas (Federal land that belongs to EVERYONE regardless of state lines) w/o a guide "in the name of the law" is a complete and tremendous jerk, and is too simple, stupid and selfish to ever know what truly is right and wrong in life - whether it is "the law" or not. I have met wardens that openly have stated they refuse to enforce the law, except when of course they are forced to by Triple Big Babies. Do you know what corruption is, Triple Big Baby? Congratulations, you support it and are proud of it, because life is all about YOU.
Triple Big Baby is the jerk in all of our lives that makes life as miserable as they can for everyone else, because they are miserable.

Topdud give it a break, your know all attitude gets old, just because someone disagrees with you, or has a different opinion, don't make them a troll or a DB.

Along these lines.........Has anyone looked back at how NM has compensated for the MILLIONS of dollars that they gave up when they dropped the NR tag % by 6%?????

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13 AT 06:54AM (MST)[p]>Topdud give it a break, your
>know all attitude gets old,
>just because someone disagrees with
>you, or has a different
>opinion, don't make them a
>troll or a DB.

Please read post #2 to see who called who what first, take two aspirin, and then come back tomorrow morning after a reading comprehension class!

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13
>AT 06:54?AM (MST)

>
>>Topdud give it a break, your
>>know all attitude gets old,
>>just because someone disagrees with
>>you, or has a different
>>opinion, don't make them a
>>troll or a DB.
>
>
>Please read post #2 to see
>who called who what first,
>take two aspirin, and then
>come back tomorrow morning after
>a reading comprehension class!

I read and I understand. I guess you didn't read your original post. I think post number two is justified. You claim to be a smart man I'm sure you could have started this thread a little more tasteful, and without bashing on someone for a different opinion.

If the aspirin don't work overnight should I take two more in the afternoon?

Just your calling me Topdud to start YOUR response tells me you DON'T get anything and very seldom when you post is it ever positive or to help someone! All I said in that post was facts disputing his comment and at the end said it was a stupid comment. Everything in the post was specific facts as to why I felt he was wrong. The response back was an immediate attack againt the person, rather than the substance of what was being discussed. Then it was ended with the same sarcastic stuff calling me a SOB. You may not like my opinions, but I do not attack the person, but rather what the person said. When someone can't do the same, then they should expect to maybe get a little ditty right back at them! Read the other responses and it looks like you're far outnumbered in your saying he was justified for doing what he did. Anyway, it would have probably been a lot more appropriate for you to have sent a PM, rather than to start more BS out on the Forum by calling names yourself and condoning him for doing the same! Let the thread end right here please.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13 AT 11:21PM (MST)[p]I just put in for over 1700 dollars for me and my daughter to hunt deer and Antelope in Wyoming. Why did I do this? Because I fear the price hike. My daughter Hallie just turned 12 and she wants to see what dad has seen in this beautiful state. I told her she cant get points like Dad because they are going to price us out of it. This is her only chance. So, I applied for "special" for antelope and split points for deer with a friend. After hunting Wyoming for 25 years this will be my last. That is sad for me and my family. It would take her 4 - 5 years to draw a public land hunt in the western part of the state. Junior discount would no longer apply.

P.S. My state is not any better. Lets hope some one will see the path we are heading down is not for the better.

Mike

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom