Another TV Personality Caught And Prosecuted In Wyoming

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-17 AT 02:46PM (MST)[p]Read this account and now I know why I never cared for this guy on the few shows of his I tuned in on. IMHO he should have lost his privileges for a good ten years seeing as how he had a prior recent conviction for obtaining Wyoming licenses as a resident when he lives in Lousy Anna, as well as obtaining too many deer licenses. I wonder if his sons take after him! Here is the piece I just received in a G&F email:

GREEN RIVER? On May 23, 2017 Billy A. Busbice Jr. of Olla, Louisiana appeared before Lincoln County Circuit Court Judge Frank Zebre and pled guilty to charges of intentionally allowing an antlerless elk to go to waste and an additional charge of taking an elk without the proper license. Busbice stars on Wildgame Nation, a reality hunting show on the Outdoor Channel, and also owns an outdoor products company.

The case started on October 16, 2016 when Kemmerer Game Warden Chris Baird received a report from a group of hunters that had observed a possible wildlife violation on the Spring Creek Ranch, which is owned by Busbice, on La Barge Creek. ?The hunters told me that on the morning of October 15th they observed a man hunting on the ranch,? Baird said. ?Apparently, there was a younger man with the hunter who had a video camera and appeared to be filming the hunt. They watched the hunter shoot one elk, presumably a cow, and then shoot a bull. The first elk fell within around 60 yards of where the bull went down. They observed the hunter and the cameraman walk up to look at the bull and then leave the area.?

Warden Baird also was told that another man came and field dressed the bull and hauled it away with a backhoe. ?The hunters told me the first elk, which was later determined to be a cow, still lay in the meadow after the man had taken the bull away with the backhoe,? Baird said.

Baird knew Busbice had a Commissioner?s elk license and that there had been a very large bull elk frequenting the ranch. On October 17th Baird met with Busbice before he flew to Louisiana. Baird?s summary of this encounter is that after a short interview, Busbice admitted to having accidently killed a calf elk while trying to harvest the large bull. Busbice stated that after the sun had gone down he had instructed the ranch manager and the cameraman to drag the calf elk into an irrigation ditch to conceal it. No attempt to field dress or preserve meat from the calf was made. Interviews of the cameraman and the ranch manager revealed similar stories and the men admitted to having concealed the calf in the ditch and disposing of the bull?s gut pile in the creek, in an attempt to hide any evidence of the poaching. Busbice admitted that he did not call Warden Baird because he was concerned about having recently been cited for previous wildlife violations. At this time Warden Baird seized both elk from Busbice and an unedited video of his hunt.

?Mr. Busbice told me they had been filming the elk hunt to feature on his reality TV hunting show,? Baird said. The video and audio recording shows that Mr. Busbice shot several times at a large bull in a herd of elk and missed several times. The video then shows Mr. Busbice shooting and hitting a calf, and the calf goes down.

?On his fourth shot, Busbice hits the bull in the left shoulder,? Baird said. It then falls to the ground. At the end of the video you can hear Busbice say, ?We have to eliminate that part when I shot a cow.? He also is recorded saying, ?Yeah, but we got to get rid of that cow.?

Judge Zebre sentenced Mr. Busbice to 180 days of jail suspended, providing that he lead a law abiding life during one and a half years of unsupervised probation; he was sentenced to pay the maximum fines for both violations and the maximum in restitution for the illegal take of both elk for a total of $23,000.00; and had all of his game and fish license privileges revoked for two years to include all of 2017 and 2018. Because Wyoming is part of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact, this loss of his license privileges applies in 45 states, including his home state of Louisiana.

?There are many take-home messages from this event,? Baird said. ?We are extremely grateful to the sportsmen that reported these violations. The successful prosecution of this case likely would not have happened without them.?

The bull elk he was convicted of shooting illegally was a highly visible large bull elk. The bull roughly scored over 350 inches. Mr. Busbice was also cited earlier in 2016 of false oath for purchasing a resident general elk license as a nonresident and purchasing more than the authorized number of deer licenses and paid $1430.00 in fines for those violations.

Anyone with information on a wildlife violation may call the Stop Poaching Hotline at 1-877-WGFD-TIP (1-877-943-3847). Tips may be reported online at wgfd.wyo.gov, or by calling the Green River Game and Fish Office at-1-307-875-3223. Poaching information may also be texted; text keyword WGFD a message toTIP411 (847-411).Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward if the information leads to a conviction.

~WGFD~

Wildgame Nation needs to go belly up. He should have lost privileges for 10 years too.

I'm bad with names and looking closer I see it may be one of the sons since it says Jr. I just saw the name Billy and assumed it was Papa and not remembering the kids names it may be one of them. Regardless of which one it is, they are all involved in the show and sales business and he should have had at least a 10 year revocation of privileges for being an outright repeat violator!

Most of the products that have the wild game nation logo are garbage anyway.

Hope all stop purchasing their stuff and hope all sponsers drop their show.

I personally never liked the show anyway.

Jail time was needed in this case. Not probation.
At least 30 days worth would have sent a better message.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-17 AT 08:21PM (MST)[p]Need to confiscate ranch, gun and backhoe send him packing back to Louisiana!! And yes stiffer loss of privelages was needed!!! I hope it's the end of Wild game innovations!! And what about the accomplice's ? They should get something !!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-17 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p]Bill Jr is the dad.

Probably one of the larger advertising enterprise on Outdoor Channel after Realtree and MossyOak. Goes to show how much money you can make as a dysfunctional family of dip shits.

>Was this anywhere near you JM77?
>
>

No, this was in western Wyoming. I live in Casper.

This is a great informational post. The key point will be his shows airing next year, 2018, filmed in 2017. If the 29 state wildlife violator compact provision was invoked and he has a show next season showing him hunting in one of those 29 states then he will be violating the provisions of his sentence and hunting illegally. I would bet lots of money this is exactly what he'll do. Obviously with a wildlife conviction in 2015 and the associated fine, that did not keep him from re offending in 2016! Keep in mind he had a commissioners license at a cost of approximately $10,000. A monetary fine is no detriment to this scumbag. I wonder how many respective game and fish agencies will be looking at his shows next year for evidence that he might have hunted in one of the 29 states he was prohibited to hunt in during 2017? This is exactly how the jackass Ted Nugent got caught in California several years ago. He filmed himself shooting a spike California blacktail deer which was illegal and then had the stupidity to produce and air a show to that effect. A California game warden saw the show and then they got him! I can guarantee anyone that old coon ass Bill Busbice will do the same thing in 2017 in one of the 29 states he supposedly has lost hunting rights within. Sounds like all that Grecian Formula 16 black hair color he's put in his goatee has invaded his brain!

What a bunch of JACKASSES! Talk about GREED. Their ranch is highly visible directly from the Labarge Creek Road up towards the forest boundary. You cannot miss it when you drive up Labarge Creek. Its not tucked away its right off the road. The hunters that turned him in could have watched that fiasco right from the county road or they could have been on the south side of the property hoping the elk would make their way back onto public land. So glad to hear these jackasses got busted!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-17 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]>I thought there were more than
>29 states in the compact
>by now.

There are now 45 states in the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact agreement that he loses his hunting privileges in, not 29, and that is stated right in the article I posted.

Looks like he will be hunting Canada for a few years, I'm sure he's not too worried. I hope everyone boycotts their products, but I know that won't happen.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-17 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]This is off the Outdoor Channel website, and tells what companies Big Bill owns...my money hasn't, but definitely won't support in the future.

"Bill Busbice is Co-Owner of Wildgame Innovations...Ryan, alongside with his father, Big Bill and brother Matt have acquired other hunting companies including Flextone Game Calls and Barnett Crossbows, and they all have an extreme passion for the outdoors."

My questions on all this are...what about the cameraman, ranch manager and other accomplices? Do they get off free and clear? I also thought any property involved in a game violation in Wy could be confiscated. Take the ranch, cameras, guns, trucks, backhoe! Maybe I don't have my facts correct there.

They could probably confiscate anything involving the crime itself if it could be proved, but not the ranch itself. Even if they did that the SOB is worth so much money that it wouldn't phase him!

I happened to be near their ranch the first week of October trout fishing and grouse hunting. My buddy and I stopped one morning to look at the huge heard of elk on their property. Note, we stopped on the side of the county road. His son, the one with the shaved head and goatee, drove by in his black p/u, gave some stink-eye and waived us to get the hell out of there. Confirmed......he is an #####. Their arrogance is a shame to all hunters. I suspected this from their attitude on TV, but he confirmed it in person.

We did nothing to warrant his behavior. Stayed in the truck, on county road, not wearing camo or hunter orange, just looking at the elk....from the cab of the p/u.

>The Outdoor Channel announced that the
>show and Bill are off
>the air as of today
>on that network!

Good!
I don't watch those shows anyway but at least someone is doing what arrears to be the right thing.
Thanks TG
Zeke

>I happened to be near their
>ranch the first week of
>October trout fishing and grouse
>hunting. My buddy and I
>stopped one morning to look
>at the huge heard of
>elk on their property. Note,
>we stopped on the side
>of the county road. His
>son, the one with the
>shaved head and goatee, drove
>by in his black p/u,
>gave some stink-eye and waived
>us to get the hell
>out of there. Confirmed......he is
>an #####. Their arrogance is
>a shame to all hunters.
>I suspected this from their
>attitude on TV, but he
>confirmed it in person.
>
>We did nothing to warrant his
>behavior. Stayed in the truck,
>on county road, not wearing
>camo or hunter orange, just
>looking at the elk....from the
>cab of the p/u.

You gave him the finger, right?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17 AT 10:07PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-17 AT 09:44?PM (MST)

Plano Synergies apparently owned most of this POS companies. Now they have a Strongly worded statement that this POS's behavior is unacceptable. Ironically his prior violations were acceptable. No more supporting their brands for me either. The following is off their web site showing what they own.

Plano Synergy?s diverse portfolio of quality brands delivers exceptional engineering, performance and value to outdoors enthusiasts of all levels of experience and ability. These premier brands include Ameristep, Avian-X, Barnett Crossbows, BloodSport, Caboodles, Creative Options, Evolved, Flextone, Frabill, GroundEFX, Halo Optics, No Limit Archery, Plano, Tenzing, Wildgame Innovations and Zink Calls. Hundreds of Plano Synergy-branded products are made right here in the USA.

Someone mentioned on the other string going around about this that they wouldn't normally hold companies accountable for their employees behavior. I get that, but in this case, this violation and his prior violation in Wyoming were very intentional acts. His first offense in my mind was just as bad if not worse then this. He bought resident tags as a none resident and more deer tags than allowed. You can't tell me he did that as an accident. He knew what he was doing and got slapped on the hand for it. Then he knowingly kills his elk (a cow), kills the bull, then asks his ranch manager to clean up his mess.

I understand that we all screw up. Stuff happens. When it does, there are right ways to handle the situation and wrong. You may get in trouble, learn your lesson, and move on with life. This guy knew he was going to break the law as he bought to many tags and a resident tag. Plano Synergies should have canned his butt then. They didn't. The best way to fix this BS is to hit people in the wallet, so no more Plano Synergies products for me. I am sure other companies have baggage too, but sending a message by no longer supporting this one may open up the eyes of other CEOs that as a collective group, we do not tolerate this kind of BS.

Wyoming Game and Fish and the judge failed the sportsman on this one. He killed a calk elk with his commissioners tag and then proceeded to kill a trophy bull with no license. As soon as the calf went down his elk hunt was over. He should have been charged with killing that bull with no license AND not tagging the calf. He is a huge piece of garbage that should be ran clear out of Wyoming. I dont think I am speaking for myself when I say Wyoming doesnt want these type of people representing us...

>Wyoming Game and Fish and the
>judge failed the sportsman on
>this one. He killed a
>calk elk with his commissioners
>tag and then proceeded to
>kill a trophy bull with
>no license. As soon as
>the calf went down his
>elk hunt was over. He
>should have been charged with
>killing that bull with no
>license AND not tagging the
>calf. He is a huge
>piece of garbage that should
>be ran clear out of
>Wyoming. I dont think I
>am speaking for myself when
>I say Wyoming doesnt want
>these type of people representing
>us...

Sorry, but you're wrong when you say the Wyoming G&F failed the sportsmen! They did the investigation and filed all the necessary charges through the court system that they could. It was our POS court system that failed us, not our fine G&F field people!

Yep, a sad reminder that money can buy your way out of just about any violation, or reduce the outcome.

>>Wyoming Game and Fish and the
>>judge failed the sportsman on
>>this one. He killed a
>>calk elk with his commissioners
>>tag and then proceeded to
>>kill a trophy bull with
>>no license. As soon as
>>the calf went down his
>>elk hunt was over. He
>>should have been charged with
>>killing that bull with no
>>license AND not tagging the
>>calf. He is a huge
>>piece of garbage that should
>>be ran clear out of
>>Wyoming. I dont think I
>>am speaking for myself when
>>I say Wyoming doesnt want
>>these type of people representing
>>us...
>
>Sorry, but you're wrong when you
>say the Wyoming G&F failed
>the sportsmen! They did
>the investigation and filed all
>the necessary charges through the
>court system that they could.
> It was our POS
>court system that failed us,
>not our fine G&F field
>people!

This^^^^

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom