Antelope 032-035

B

Brandon82

I have an antelope tag for this unit group and was wondering if anyone could lead me in the right direction. I have seen a few in the black rock range and a couple decent bucks in 035. i was curious if anyone could send me the right direction for 032. Fished knott creek res a few times but am not sure about the antelope populations. if anyone would be willing to share i would appreciate it.

My wife has the same tag this year. We plan on hunting the black rock range the last week. 032 has some good lopes and thats where the majority of people hunt. Just south of knott creek is a good spot to check out and new york peak. So how many times have you been up there scouting? I havent made it up there yet. I am hoping to get up there sometime soon.

Actually scouted the Black Rock Range last year during a buddys archery hunt and definitely saw some quality bucks.. mostly on the plateaus near the windmill off of Slumgullion Rd.. Scouted the jacksons 2 years a go while on my archery deer hunt. Didnt see quite as many but definitely saw a couple shooters. I havent scouted this year as I have been up scouting 051 for my archery deer hunt.

We are planning on staying at soldier meadows on my wifes hunt. I killed a nice lope to the north of the windmill by red mtn. My friend killed a good lope with his bow on the south side of big mtn in 05. The thing that sucks is the indians closed the road through summit lake so if we want to go up to 032 it will take alot longer. Good Luck Ryan

Ya, that was the fast way.. when did they close that road? last time I was up there I could pass all the way through the reservation on my quad. The last couple years i fished Knott Creek i would take the Imlay cutoff at Rye patch and cross the Jackson's and you were right there at Leonard Creek ranch road. took about 3hrs 15min from Reno.

Here is one I took there last year. I was chasing one a lot bigger on the hill behind me to the left. When I stopped to take a break I spotted this one up by the rim rock behind me on the right. Once I saw the drop horn on it's right side I had to try for it. Three and a half hours latter I had him on the ground. I did not get a chance to scout before season. And I only hunted for a short time, but I am willing to share my research and what I learned of the area.

0040.jpg

The bigger bucks seemed to be up high. This may be to all the hunting pressure. PM me if you would like to talk about the area.

Bill

Realize they close the road through Summit Lk. Reservation just prior to the season. Not sure if it's to keep hunters out or traffic from Burning Man.

The area up Slumguillion was hammered last year and after asking others how they heard about it, at least 5 were directed there by the biologist. just FYI.

have they done anything with all the frikken horses on the south end of the Jackson's yet? i havent been there in a few years, but hear there was a big round up, it was needed!

You know I was up there last year and I didnt see any coming in off the south end but they could have been over in Bloody Run. The only horses i saw were nearer the black rock side of trout creek road. I love that range.. very narrow. not alot of places to run!

I had no idea they closed the Summit Lake road during hunting season. Slum Gullion is usually such a quiet road. even during our chukar hunts back in there i dont usually see a whole lot of guys and we go way back in there.

have you looked to the east of trout creek ranch? they do come off the hay and go on blm every now and again. slumbering hills is always a good place to look too, lots of rolling country on the east side, hard to see all the lope.

I have seen a number of animals just off of the property lines there. I have never actually made it to those hills in the eastern part of that unit but I am guessing that there are plenty of animals as long as there is a little water.

I am thinking of hunting 032 for my hunt that way I can drive through the Jacksons and spend a day there. If i dont see anything its only another hour to get to Leonard Ck. Should be a good time.. its been many years since I have been in the pine forest range.

its a good tag to have, a big buck can be anywhere. i've always wanted to fish off a float tube on the knott creek res in the pine forrest fange, but never had the time, too many chuckars and pronghorn to chase!

Its the only way. That is one of my favorite lakes. Unfortunately once mid summer rolls around that lake has a god awful algea bloom. If you get there in June or october its great. 20" rainbows all day long.. buddy caught a 21" tiger trout on his first cast out there during deer season. Great lake, lots of scuds!

I am giving away the secret to Knott Creek. Fish the south end of the lake in between all the floating vegetation by float tube with a GREEN DAMSEL FLY. you will catch fish till your arms fall off.

thanks, i'll have to try it sometime. just wondering, i have never been up there before late july, but when the water is up, how many truck's does that lake claim? i was nervous as hell drivng along side of it in july! can imagine some slip offs when the water is higher.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom