Antelope 051

B

BWitt

Hello,

I drew archery up in 051 this year. Just got back from a scouting trip up in the Santa Rosa's and we didn't see a single animal. We mostly focused on areas south of hinkley pass and areas just north of Hinkley around 6 to 7k feet elevation. Couple of buddy's are hunting muleys up there in August and have been on the north side of the range and have seen far greater populations of Antelope and Mule Deer. Any one have any stories or tips I should follow for the Santa Rosa lopes?

Been out to 051 a few times. It seems to me some of the best Lope area is up north in the unit due east of the CALICO mts. Look for the green areas in the flats climb a high spot and start glassing. BH1

I have a rifle tag, and just went scouting. I didn't see any large herds, but saw a few nice bucks around Martin creek. Saw a monster lope in a field right next to hwy 95...Would love to see where he beds down!

I hunted there in 1992. I got my buck near Table Mountain. I camped at Lye Creek and hunted around Goosey Lake Flat, Mahogany Pass area. Not a lot of animals but enough to make it interesting.

Eel

Thats where we were at last weekend and were surprised to not see any animals. Did see some sign in the way of tracks and such but didnt see any goats.

I wouldn't get too discouraged. Keep moving until you find them. Try to find a higher vantage point and glass. They move more in the mornings and evenings, the best times to look. When the season opens, other hunters will keep them moving also. Be patient and stay alert, you'll do fine. Good luck!

Eel

there is plenty of antelope there i dropped on 2 bucks last year deer hunting one at 20 feet scared the hell out of me somebody shot its front leg off and he didnt want to move.
look below buckskin!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom