Antelope 3/301 Rifle

ColoradoPowerLift

Hey guys,
I am hunting 3/301 rifle tag up near Craig. I have never been in this country and will be taking my 10 year old boy on his first hunting trip. I am hoping for some pointers on where to start in these units. I am not looking for someone's honey hole I am just hoping to put my boy on some animals.

Thank you,

Get onx maps and go for a drive. Not a tough hunt. Look over a bunch of critters and get your boy involved in the judging and joy of the hunt. If you blow an opportunity then find another it won't be hard.

watch out for those guys with the rattle on their tails...they can be pretty thick in some areas in different years. BIG AREA....I hunted it for years....no shortage of sage brush.

Getting one will be pretty easy I say go two full days early at least and you will get to look at some bucks...without the itch to shoot the first one or two...

Stinky: Have ya ever left your house ? HA ! Where I have seen them; Area 3, Meeker, Boulder-north of, Castle Rock, North of Broomfield, Golden and Lamar area. My neighbor killed one in his garden 4-5 years ago. I hunt just West of CTY Rd 3 in unit 3 and let me tell ya they are there sometimes a lot of em !

South side of CR 4 is pretty good for lopes, there are some spur roads that take off to the south. The further west you go on CR 4 you will run in to thicker Cedar trees. Very few goats in those tree's but can hold some older age class animals.

Pronghorns are super territorial...I would do some hiking 95 percent of people are doing some sort of road hunt at least to see them...try and find pockets that can't been see from the road and you might find a buck that just got lucky and lives in a spot he can't be seen from the road

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom