antelope 63

moseleymiddleton

I have a hard time beliving that the game and fish put out 200 tags for east of buzzard rd. after today. i went out to place my blind for the season and the pasture i normally hunt usually has 200-300 antelope in the one section had about 30.

the usual lake bed goats where there, but not in the droves of goats where nowhere to be found.

the pond i'm normally onwas dry, so im probly going to hang up archery huntoing and go in oct. for a day and smoke one with the 300

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-12 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]Maybe they know something that you don't after their census of the unit, is all I can figure out. Last year they issued 600 buck tags for the whole unit and 400 doe/fawn tags. This year they have 4 categories and have issued the same number of buck tags, but 200 of them are east of Buzzard Road. They have also allocated 100 type 6 tags for the entire unit and another 300 Type 7 tags for east of the Buzzard Road, so somewhere over there it would appear there are a lot of goats hiding that you haven't seen or someone in the G&F screwed up royally.

The antelope numbers in the unit are moving closer to the sustaianable objective. The huge numbers of antelope that you saw in the last few years reflected that the herd in the unit was at a level that was several thousand over the established objective.

During a year like this when Wyoming is experiencing record drought, it's a damn good thing that the herd in that area is not at the previous unsustainable levels.

The extra tags east of the Buzzard road are an attempt to remove the heavy hunting pressure from the largely public land portion of the unit west of the road.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom