Antelope Buck

TOPGUN

Long Time Member
Just got an email from my buddy in Sheridan. The official score on this buck that I helped him on last season was 84 4/8".

8097wyoming_2014_097.jpg

Nice goat. Congratulations to the hunter and to you for helping out. Antelope hunting is one of my favorite things to do.

Wow! That thing's a STUD Mike.
Great looking buck and high scoring trophy.
Well done guys.
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jan-22-15 AT 08:47PM (MST)[p]>Great looking Buck
>Topgun just curious what was the
>length of the Horns ?
>

In the 16" range and as I recall all the numbers were pretty close for both sides. John is going to send me the score sheet when he gets a chance and when I get it I'll try to put them up. I was very close to what the actual score turned out when I rough scored him. Jim Marsico is the taxidermist up in Cody that does all of John's mounts and he told us he knew how to store it properly to really reduce the shrinkage during the 60 day drying period, which he obviously did. I figured after drying that it would probably be at least an inch lower than the final score. We ran into this buck while on a stalk for one of the better bucks I had scouted in late September and immediately turned our attention to him because we knew he was the cream of the crop of any that I had waypointed earlier. He was over a mile from the nearest road, but by the time we got to where John got him he had cut the distance by at least 1/4 mile or more. This is why I keep telling guys that are new to antelope hunting to get back in off the beaten track and that most units will have some good bucks if they do some walking well off the roads. Here is a side view that shows the nice cutters, but it's rather deceptive because it looks like the base to cutter measurement is a lot shorter than it is.

4232wyoming_2014_095.jpg

Really a nice buck - I keep looking for one like that every year. I'll find one like that though one of these times. Congrats to you and your buddy, that is a beaut!!

And Topgun I agree, getting off the road just a bit further might be the ticket in some units, I know I'm guilty of not going in far enough and settling for smaller bucks. Even after going out to Wyoming now 7 years, I still can't seem to not shoot one the 1st or 2nd day of my hunt.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-15 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]Official Score Sheet By B&C Scorer In Cody

Tip To Tip------8 7/8"
Inside Spread---13 4/8"
Right Horn------16 4/8"
Left Horn-------16 0/8"
Base Right-------6 5/8"
Base Left--------6 3/8"
1/4s Right-------6 4/8", 3 7/8", 2 5/8"
1/4s Left--------6 6/8", 3 6/8", 2 4/8"
Right Prong------7 2/8"
Left Prong-------7 1/8"
Right Total------43 3/8"
Left Total-------42 4/8"
Total Gross------85 7/8"
Total Deducts---- 1 3/8"
Net--------------84 4/8"

Great buck. Congrats.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Thanks for the score break down. A heck of a buck.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom