Antelope Doe/Fawn Leftovers

Hammnit

Guys,
My group and I drew antelope buck tags for Unit 73, but did not draw our doe/fawn tags. I noticed the units near ours with tags remaining (21,25,70,71,72,73-7,74,113,115)are all listed as difficult public access. My question is there any public access with antelope in these units and secondly, would obtaining private land access to shoot a couple of doe antelope be possible at a decent price? I've heard that some ranches are pretty easy to get permission for doe antelope hunting.

I know that one's definition of "decent price" is different than others, I'm just trying to find a place to fill a few doe tags without costing an arm and a leg.

Thanks,
Hammnit

I'd start by looking into the 73-7 tags that are left in your unit and see if you can find a ranch in that limited area that would let you shoot a couple does. You can probably find out that and get information on the others by contacting the nearest G&F Office. A lot of places will let you shoot does for free.

If you got a doe tag every year till you died, you would never hunt all the public land in those units. Get a BLM map, an ownership chip for your GPS, drive down a road till you cross into BLM, get out and hunt. You will have no trouble popping a cpl does.

Shouldnt have to pay to fill doe fawn tags....thats been my experience. Good luck!

Steve
Holder of a 2012 LE Utah Deer Tag!!

I'm with topgun and the other guy on this one.....in 75 for example you should be able to nail some does from the truck on public in a half-day (once you get legal distance away from the truck, that is :) )

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom