Antelope doe

Whiterock

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-15 AT 06:58PM (MST)[p]waiting to see what is left over for doe antelope tags.I always try to buy a couple tags to takehome some antelope meat.Some do not care for it,but I find antelope meat is great if cared for correctly.

Lope meat is they best imho.If i kill a deer fine,if i kill a elk fine,but im fill'n my lope tags for sure.

"Sometime's i drink water to suprise my liver"

I think I may like antelope over mule deer, but give me elk over either one! The only reason I buy doe antelope tags over elk is because of the cost.

Antelope is more tender than either deer or elk. For that reason it's preferred around my house. Tough to beat a fine, aged pronghorn steak!
Sheep is the best but they are so rare that it's more of a treat than a staple.
Zeke

I doubt I'll ever shoot another doe pronghorn. I can get 2 buck tags every year and IME, the bucks aren't any different as far as table fare.

I agree with others that pronghorn is very good eating.

As to the wild sheep (dall, desert, Rocky Mountain), while edible, isn't nearly as good as elk, deer (of any species), moose, musk ox, pronghorn, oryx, etc.

>Antelope is more tender than either
>deer or elk. For that
>reason it's preferred around my
>house. Tough to beat a
>fine, aged pronghorn steak!
>Sheep is the best but they
>are so rare that it's
>more of a treat than
>a staple.
>Zeke

Doesn't look like there gonna be too rare around the zeke households this year! :D

>
>Doesn't look like there gonna be
>too rare around the zeke
>households this year! :D

One of "those" years, Mr DW, one of those years in which we get to live a dream....

I love getting lucky! We'll make the most of the tags by having a couple wonderful adventures whether we kill or not. We'll do our best, however.

By the way, my moose, from last year, isn't bad table fare either. The flavor is excellent and most of the steak-cuts are tender enough to be enjoyable, roasts and burgers are wonderful.

I must be getting hungry!!!

Zeke

Dang I must be a lousy cook, I've put antelope at the bottom of my food tree. Suckers stink before I walk up on them.

Antelope has always been the favorite at my house. Whitetail, alfalfa fed(rutting bucks not included) are 2nd.

We like our buffalo burger, the tender loins were unbeatable, but all other steaks even cubed are too tough to be edible. Crock pot or pressure cooker only. Only bad part of shooting mature bulls.

Antelope without a doubt! Just need to make sure you trim all silver skin off. 1 mm of silver skin will ruin the entire package of meat.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom