Antelope Down!!!!

Bocephus

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-10 AT 09:41PM (MST)[p]My Dad made a great 60 yard shot in the Montana crosswind to anchor this nice antelope buck. We hunted hard for three days, trying to decoy and sneak in on numerous bucks. It finally paid off when we found this buck in a vulnerable spot. He stayed put long enough to put a G5 T3 through his lungs. He went about 80 yards and piled up. Way to go Pop!!! Once again showing me how it's done!!!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/657dads_antelope_001.jpg

60 yards with a bow?....in a crosswind? We have to assume he wounded several others shooting like that. The ethics police have been alerted but congrats to pops and a bowhunters ethics class is in order before he goes out again.

Sorry to dissapoint you Zig Zag, this was the only Antelpoe that I drew my bow on. Tough shot? yea it was, but I spend hours shooting my bow in preparation for less than ideal
shots. Thanks for the defense Raghorn!

You have to understand Zigga has something caught in his zipper daily,hence the attitude.

Zig, I couldn't help but go through the past few posts that you have commented on and/or posted. Wow! For being a Montana resident or at least being familiar with the area, I would have expected you to have produced more than what you have posted. A puke antelope....with a gun. A puke sheep....I assume with a gun and a puke goat I'm sure with a gun...Before you pop off about a double lunged antelope with a bow, which was the only buck he drew his bow on make sure you can back up your arrogance. I'll let this one slide due to the fact that I understand you have nothing better to do other than sit on your computer and wannabe something you're not.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-10 AT 08:17PM (MST)[p]You will always get some flack for not only shooting 60 yards in a crosswind but also for thinking it's ok. I assume you two practice 60 yard shots in a crosswind as well by the sounds of it. How exactly do you practice 60 yard crosswind shots anyway? I've taken more than my share of animals and haven't hunted enough in the last 5 years to even say I've gone due to family time. It's been a trade-off but well worth it. I rarely post pics anymore just for this reason. Someone's feelings get hurt and I feel guilty. I see your feelings were hurt and I apologize but please keep the risky shots to a minimum even if you practice long distance crosswind shots. Keep posting pics but leave some details out. Sorry for all the negativity but it's hard to watch sometimes. I've seen too many wounded animals from poor hunting choices.

Again, I apologize but I think our animals deserve better sometimes. If no other animals were wounded then I have no other choice but to believe you. Carry on and good luck the rest of the season.

Oh and thanks for letting this slide. Not sure what I would have done had you not let this slide.

I must have struck a chord with you. If you have nothing better to do with yourself than be the MM ethics police I feel sorry for you. If you haven't been hunting much in the last five years living in Montana I feel extremely sorry for you. Keep your assanine comments to yourself all 3454 of them. Maybe use some of that time you have wasted on the computer and take your family hunting.....If you can get them to go with you. Well on second thought they may kill something quickly and humanely and you will have to write them a citation....

Shooting at 85 pound big game animals at 60 yards in a crosswind and broadcasting it over the WWW is a chord you will strike with most hunters.

I'm not a fan of poor shot choices and would have left it at that but you decided to claim I shoot small animals and mention an antelope buck, a 174" Bighorn Sheep that is not even mine and a 9 inch November Billy after you post a picture of a 9.5" antelope. Why didn't you mention the elk, deer and bears etc? You conveniently picked out the smaller animals I've posted and avoided the big ones. Nice! And then you call me a wannabee when your handle is bocephus. Even funnier.

I hunt near my house and don't bother traveling to known trophy areas which gives me more family time. I also hunt after work and haven't taken a vacation day to hunt in almost 10 years and still manage to fill a tag or two and drop off game to the local taxidermist. But feel free to call me out on something you know nothing about.

The 3k posts are from the last 10 years on here so be careful commenting on people wasting their time on this site when most have 3k in a much shorter amount of time. Hunters correcting less experienced hunters on poor shot choices will only help the sport and save some animals for the next person. Archery gets a bad name for people making poor shots and wounding animals and posting the shot choice taken was just a bad idea. Next time leave out the details and just post a pic. Rifle hunting fatally wounds far more game but for some reason the archers take the wrap for it. I don't fit the mainstream MM mentality and I like it that way so get all your friends to bash me when you are the one condoning poor shot choices and I'm the one telling you to at least not post it on the web.

I admit I was harsh on my first post and apologize for that. Must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Going for an evening hunt so wish me luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom