Antelope hunt Wyoming

S

SoTX

Got invited to go on a self guided antelope hunt on private land 10 miles out of Sheridan Wyoming in October of 2004. I have never hunted anelope before, just sounded like fun so I jumped on it. Only cost me the tag.
What is the standard way of hunting these animals. Or better yet what is the best way to hunt them in that state. For example in Texas you drive around in a vehicle until you se one then you jump out and shoot it.
Thanks.

Wyoming is pretty much the same, but we don't bother to get out of the truck. Seriously though antelope can be hunted several different ways, sitting on a water hole in a blind waiting for them to come to water is usually a technique used by bowhunters. My advise to you would be to get on a high point and glass until you find a buck worth stalking then set off from there. Either way you are sure to have a good time. They are a lot of fun to hunt.

CHESTER

Ditto on the Spot and Stalk, definately the most fun. Get to the highest point with a good spotting scope, glass them up and stalk them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom