Antelope island sheds west side match up

trophymuley

Lets see the bones if you found any big singles or anything post pics maybe we can match up some bone.
7900image.jpg

Anyone have the other side to frame? It's all busted up. this big typical is last year. It scores 93 anyone know where the other side is at?
7230image.jpg

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

Is that the lady that had 24 sheds by 7:30 AM? Someone told me a lady went around a corner and came back around the hill with 24 sheds. They all must have shed in the same spot this year.....or something like that. :)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]

Is that what the rumor turned into? Lol. It was five sheds by 9:00 ten by 12:30 fifteen by 2:30 and twenty by 6:00 pm between two people. And that is my wife. It was a blast for her! She did awesome

I've learned that in our hobby of hunting and shed collecting the attitude of many is "if they did good they cheated in some way" then the rumors begin. No need to fall into that. I just hope that's not what this turns into. The reason for posting this is to attempt to match up some bone. "I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

Thats why I laughed...there are always stories floating around but the reason these stories float around is because people have been busted in the past and people do cheat. If they keep charging 50 bucks for registration they better start doing a better job patrolling the island to make sure ALL people follow the rules. Congrats on the success! A couple of those horns are bruisers!

I heard another rumor of a guy that got busted with 30+ the night before the opener. I guess the DWR took his sheds and gave him a ticket. Anybody hear about that?

I think in cases like that they should raffle off the sheds to all the guys that registered. I mean come on, $50 and a day off of work? I think the good guys deserve something if they get cheated.

once again another rumor. i was there the night before. there were some suspicions of someone stashing antlers on the east side but nothing led to proof, kinda sad that it happens but it does

I talked to Steve the biologist for about an hour yesterday about the cheaters and what can be done. He didn't mention someone getting caught, so I think it is just a rumor.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

We were some of the first ones up on the east side in the middle. Got up there seen LOTS of horse tracks in the area where we were. Hit the spot hard and watched 6 or 7 other guys hit it also with no luck. Then here comes a guy all by himself on a paint horse goes thru the same area stops at a rock outcrop gets off his horse and loads atleat a dozen horns on one side of his horse and takes off down the mountain..????? Anyone else see this guy? I dont think all of us missed that many..

I didn't see him, but had a couple friends that did, and that was in the same area that a shed we glassed up last week disappeared.

By the way, welcome to MM, and conrats on your huge set. Seen that buck several times and was hoping to find him myself.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

One thing that they could do to help stop alot of the early shed hunting out there is NOT let the horse consession guy or his WRANGLERS aka (sons,nephews,friends)go anywhere they want, whenever they want until after the shed event day. They are free to go with or without clients anytime, anywhere on the island. I know a guy who is friends with them and he said they are DEFIENTLY shed hunters.... Just my idea of what would help. sucks to take a day off work plus the $50 just to get the scaps.

Sweet Tine!!! Congrats to you and your wife! I get a kick out of those that are claiming there are cheaters and yet you are still pickin up last year's sheds. LOL!

cheating and picking up last years sheds totally do-able on the island.... no offense BCBOY I like all the post you do and am a fan. However antelope island is a bit different than a lot of other areas in the fact that some of those bucks wont drop until mid April, I saw several deer still packing both sides so horns from this year will be picked up next year. And seeing how they only let you pick up horns on it 2 days out of the year there is a good chance those horns sitting out all year turning white will will be easier to spot the following year. Cheaters and stashers can all pick up white horns from the year before.

I'm just a dumb canuck and I have no idea how things work there but if I were to pick up sheds outside the rules, I would do it when no one is thinking about sheds ie summer. Do they check all hikers backpacks everyday of the year??? Are the cheats in Utard tooo dumb to shed hunt that island all but the winter? If they were smart cheats, there would be no whites left is all I'm saying. :)

They make the public stay on designated hiking trail 99% of the year so in theory, it should be fairly easy to nail someone shed hunting.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom