Antelope success

BigFin

Just back from my NV antelope hunt. Cannot write words to explain how fun it was.

This is the biggest bodied antelope I have ever seen, let alone killed. Congrats to NV for the great job they do managing their game in such a dry environment.

Like I said, this guy was a porker.

46ce51713a57c601.jpg

He has a real neat twist and forward slant to his horns.

46ce51b73b744813.jpg

We were hunting some pretty high country. It was more like mule deer country than antelope country.

46ce51973b02a686.jpg

I hope you all get to hunt NV some day.

Happy Hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Elkohunter:

It was a Sheldon tag. Lots of nice bucks if you look in the areas where other hunters don't. Lots of road-hunting going on, which surprised me, given the premier nature of this tag.

I wish MT had some places managed for antelope like the Sheldon. It is one of those hunts where you have to be there and do it yourself to really understand what a great quality hunt it is.

Happy Hunting!

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Hey BigFin,
I think you asked about 16 C in New Mexico. My trip got pushed back a couple of weeks and shortened by 4 days. I did not make it into 16 C. However, 16A, and 16D have had tons of rain. All of the dirt tank are full and the grass is mid calf high. The antler growth looks good. That part of the world is a refreshing sight this time of year when you come from NV. Sorry I could not give you any more help than that. Good luck.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom