Antelope

J

jfannis2804

Looking for info on area 16 Antelope hunting. My wife my grandson and my self are coming out in october.We have rented a cabin in Buffalo.This is our 1st Antelope hunt. Thank You:

Hey, jf--
Might want to budget in an OTC doe tag or two for yourselves if you want more meat. Lope 16 allows doe hunting on public, and they can be had in Buffalo.
Wyo G&F site will show a pretty big Walk-In area adjacent to the BLM and School Sections off the TW road close to Buffalo and the Interstate. Other relatively big public areas to hunt are to the East off the Dry Creek Road right near I-90 (Schoonover Rd. exit) and then down the Powder River Road North of the exit about five miles. There are several others, most of them are in the Southern half of the Hunt Area. Northern parts have real limited access. Buffalo, Wyoming BLM map shows about everything necessary for Lope hunting.
Area will be pretty busy with hunters, but one should be able to get into an un-ran bunch if you walk a long draw or two, or just get into them early near the roads.
Don't expect many trees.
Keep your colors dull (except that orange hat, of course!).

Rump

I second the doe/fawn OTC tag. Not only will you get additional meat but you get to hunt another animal. How cool is that?! And at the bargain price of around $40 I think it is. YOU are actually getting one over on them this time. They get you first with the initial cost of the tag, but they give you the opportunity to get them back!! They are a kick to hunt. You'll be doing yourself a diservice if you only hunt from the truck. Get out, glass them up and make a stalk on foot. You'll realize just how hard they are to hunt. They are my favorite animal to hunt. As a matter of fact, I'm leavin tomorrow for a Nevada antelope hunt. Take care.

Steve

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom