Antimony, UT Grizzly Bear

gznokes

Very Active Member
I thought there might be a few people interested in the story of this Grizzly Bear from 1916.
4748bear_picture.jpg

3777bear_article_1.jpg

8270bear_article_2.jpg

160bear_article3.jpg

Love reading about the old history and the interesting times of the old timers and the wilds!!! Thanks for sharing.

I like the attitude......they weren't spoiled from 70 years of plenty.....

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

I love reading old stories like this. I have a small library about bear and other animal attacks. Really cool, thanks for sharing.

Great story ! Even more interesting to me . I killed my mountain lion last year just out of Antimony.

Very cool story. What year was Old Ephraim -- supposedly the last grizzly bear in Utah -- killed in Northern Utah?

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

LAST EDITED ON Apr-25-13 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]Interesting read on Old Eph. It's note worthy that the hunter was consumed by killing the bear..."I have sworn eternal vengeance on bears and it shall be mine." After finally killing the grizzly that drove his passion, he realized the thrill was in the chase and not the kill.

The thrill is certainly in the chase, but oh man, there's a bunch of satisfaction in the kill and nobody can deny that!

Cool old story about a bear that came from country that I love!

Thanks for sharing it with us,
Zeke

For you guys that enjoy these old stories, there's a very good book called "Old Mose". He was one of the last grizzlies to roam the South Park country in Colorado. A lot of good photos and really interesting reading about this true story.

Sorry to be a hater, but in my book the only good grizz is a dead one. Don't get me wrong, they have a place in the wild, just not in the lower 48.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence. I fear none and respect all."

>Sorry to be a hater, but
>in my book the only
>good grizz is a dead
>one. Don't get me
>wrong, they have a place
>in the wild, just not
>in the lower 48.
>
>Norkal
>
>"One can take my life but
>not my faith or my
>
>confidence. I fear none and
>respect all."

OMG!!! Are you serious?

So you also believe in the boogie man and the big bad wolf then.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-13 AT 10:45PM (MST)[p]Zigga,
You are correct, I do believe in the boogie man. Winning the game against him was my career for 28 yrs. I also believe in the big bad wolf. As a Sheep Dog I've done pretty well in that arena also. More important though is that I believe in and love our savior Jesus Christ.
Even though you are but a libtard troll, I'm still praying for you!
Norkal

NORKALNIMROD-- you give religion a bad name.
That was a nice story, its kind of sad to think how nearly all the wildness has been taken out of Utah, and those were the days when it all began.
Its mostly shopping malls and cheatgrass these days.

Really pipe?
"You give religion a bad name". You a funny mofo! Nice try, my button doesn't get pushed that easy. "It's mostly shopping malls and cheatgrass these days". Do you ever leave the city. Oh, stupid question. Of course you don't. Those of us that actually spend time in the out doors know that most of Utah is still unpopulated. Pipe, you also are but a libtard troll. But you too are one of God's children and I'll continue to pray for you.
Norkal

NORKALNIMROD-I knew you were going to pray for me, and maybe I need it.
Did you ever wonder if Grizzly bears are some of gods children too?
I was born in Utah and love the state, climbed many of the high peaks, backpacked and hunted all over.
The late 1800s and early 1900s is when the heavy unregulated livestock grazing took place and set everything in motion and forever changed the landscape in Utah.

Piper,
The Lord created man in his image. We are God's children. The creatures of the earth are also God's creation, however they are not His children but were created for us to rule over. I do not hate grizzlies, I do respect them and they do have a place in our environment, North of the continental United States. When I was a youngster I worked in Alaska. Bears were my job. I am proud to say I was able to resolve all situations I was involved in without killing a bear. That said I also came to realize that grizzlies, unlike their black bear cousins do not co-exist well with humans. Not saying black bears aren't dangerous, they are. Black bears are responsible for more injuries to humans each year than grizzlies.

Norkal

Reading the old newspaper accounts are great reading material.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom