Antlerless draw?

slcmuley

Is there a way to check the draw odds on antlerless elk? I was wondering if I could see how many pref. points certain areas take before drawing.

When is the app period? I cant find it anywhere and have never done antlerless before. I cant even find the 2010 guidebook.

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The guidebook should be out in May some time. I know the anterless #'s were going to the Wildlife Board for approval. Don't know if that's done yet.

The antlerless draw usually doesn't start until the end of may with the deadline in mid june. As for the amount of points to draw it depends on the unit, most public land tags take about 3 points for elk with most private land tags needing no points..

Tabby-
where are you getting your antlerless point info from? I am curious if there is a place to check this for myself.

I've found it from time to time on the dwr's site, sometimes its a joke trying to find it, and from experience, I apply every year and if I don't draw I check the leftover list to see what was left and every year only thing left is private land tags, takes me an average of 3 points to draw a cow tag and that's even a unit that gives out over 500.. Some people may draw with no points when applying as a party but I'm usually applying alone..

Just a second, I don't recall it ever saying how many points it takes, I've just had to do the math..

I was looking at the anterless proposals. What does mitig. meand for the hunts? I understand Draw, CWMU, but not sure about mitig?

Thanks,

Marcial

I would guess that mitig. stands for mitigation. Those permits are given to landowners (farmers) whose crops are eaten by Elk Deer and Antelope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom