Any A20 archers score yet?

Been up there twice since the operner a total of 9 days, just got back.
First I was horsepacked in 13 miles and the smoke from a nearby fire really played havoc with visibility.
Second I hunted the lower areas, other than a few halfhearted stalks on small bucks thats it. I did meet 4 guys that have taken 2 small bucks.But they have been there since the opener and plan on staying the duration!!!!

Thanks for the response SierraFool,
I have a rifle tag for the area and will be hunting the last week of Sept. Haven't hunted it since 2000 but am looking forward to trying to find a big buck.
Good Luck,
Mike

Magnus, let me know if you need info on a specific area. Also if your into backpacking or horsepacking in I have a great area for you, and youll probally have it to yourself.

Hi SierraFool,
I will be heading down to hunt next week. We will backpack in and bone out whatever we get. Any info would be great. I haven't been there since 2000 but am looking forward to a great hunt. We typically pack in a couple miles and blaze our own trails.
Thanks,
Mike

2 0r 3 miles....not too far, you will still be well into the range of day hunters. I suggests a minimum of 5 miles in any direction from a trailhead or road. Have you backpack hunted before? I could pretty much guarantee you a good buck but the area I went into was 13 miles from a trailhead. If you still wat to keep it under 5 miles try Eagle peak trail or Buckeye trail. Also if you want to blaze your own trail try Mt.Jackson behind Bridgeport resevoir. Never been there though. There are a ton of good areas to hunt in this zone. most Rifle hunters stick near roads. Find a map and look at the roadless aras, you will cut out about 75% of the pressure. Good Luck

Thanks for the input Sierrafool. We have packed in a few times with good results. The reason we keep it around 2 or 3 miles in is we don't go on any trails. We try to find the close but not too close spots that hold some good deer. 13 is beyond my tired old bones. I've found most day hunters seldom venture even a mile in if the terain is steep. If I have a trail 5 or so is very do-able.
Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom