any additional updates on unit 444 for deer

A

archer17

any body else have any info good or bad on this unit? I have to make a decision in the next week as to what I want to do. hunt this unit or another.

I will check with dow tommorrow on what they think the deer loses were doe to the harsh winter.

It seems like this is more of a elk unit.

coloelkman dad made it up there and if we do go he thinks we should try to get into the portion of the holy cross wilderness that sits in that unit. my fear is one good snow and you could be stuck in there for a while. i know you said you didnt have much info on the east side of the unit, but if you were on your 3rd trip out there for muleys, what might your next move be?

Im will to backpack in thats not a problem, but he said it looks like access is very limited, he thinks somebody took down a lot of the signs (since it so close to aspen) to try and keep hunters out. I looked at the maps and lime creek looks ok, he like the resovoir you talked about, but the more and more I think about it, it seems like I made a mistake on this unit for deer!

Hi. My first post @ monster muleys. I just returned from GMU 444 this afternoon. Spent 3 days up there with a black powder buck tag. I didn't see one deer. Some bull elk and lotsa cattle. I spent 2 nights out in the backwoods and didn't see a soul once off the road. The solitude was real nice. I would'nt worry too much about snow just yet. I've backpacked alot through lime creek and tellerium park over the years and late september has always been ok. Hope this helps. Let us know what you do.

That sucks. I never minded not coming home without anything, but do get a bit discouraged when I don't even see what I am hunting.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom