Any bow scabbard users ?

jodog

Very Active Member
I have always used a sling that is velcro at each end so if things went bad with the horse the sling would come apart and I wouldn't get hung up or hanged....thinking about buying a bow scabbard this year, anyone have any suggestions on a scabbard or how good they work ? Seems like they would get caught on a lot of things or it seems easy to hit trees and branches when the going gets tough like it always does. The sling works ok but you are always dealing with it in tight spots.

Ive never had good experiences with bows and our horses. It's a pain in the azz. Tried a scabbard, sling, and just holding it. Seems like every option beats on the bow quite a bit.

Traditional >>>------->

I've used the one by Trail Max for years, it works great. You want to mount it in front of the stirrup so it's going almost vertical, not behind like there pictures show.

I have used the trailmax. It does pretty good, the only thing I didn't like was the pressure put on the arrows by strapping everything down. Maybe it was the way I had it rigged, but you could see some flexing on the shafts.

Trailmax is the one I use also. They work better then a sling IMHO
I brought it at the Sportsman Warehouse.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

There is a guy in Bridger Valley Wyo. who has a leather shop and makes a bow scabbard unlike anything I have seen. Its all leather and holds up awesome. He made his own design. It works great!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom