ANY CAMCORDER NUTS

I use the GL-1. My only complaint is I need a doubler to film more deer! I have got some great deer shots with it. I filmed mutipule deer over 30". Some great deer with cheaters and one deer fight. I even got a 27" 3 point to put his nose in my hand one day while filming. I did not get that on film cause I was afriad he was going to charge! He didn't and I got him walking past me a foot away. I filmed one deer I called in by scraping a tree with a branch. Boy did it make him mad! He was a 20" heavy antlered four point with good forks. All my deer have been filmed on PUBLIC LAND. I also filmed Yellums wifes moose hunt this year for him. I think it scored 161 BC. That was an awesome hunt. I take the camera with me every where I go. I even filmed couple of Ice Fishing trips this year. I just bought the camera last year around May. I am still learning all of the features. I hope to some day make a living with this camera. I am having some trouble getting it to work with my computer, so I have not got into the editing part of it.

I have a Canon ZR50, it has a 22x optical zoom. I would like to buy a GX or GL.

i just got a new sony in sept, not the vx-2000. i am trying to sell my old toyota to purchase the new GL-2. i have a friend who has the vx-2000 and it is nice, but as far as i have found out there is no difference between the GL-2 and the VX-2000, both high quality and high dollar. but well worth the price. but once you have the camera you still have to buy lenses and a high quality telephoto lens will run about 400 to 600 bucks used! but if you are into it then its well worth it.
just thought i would put my two cents in. late
AQ

I own the XL1, great camera as far as resolution, color balance, etc. It is fairly light (for a 3 ccd camera), can exchange lenses, and has good sound, etc. I have had it break down on me twice in 1.5 years. The sand in the Kalahari desert of So. Africa, and the rain of Alaska, caused the first breakdown, and the rain in Alberta just this fall. I bought an extended warranty (thankfully), and recently a rain slicker for it. It still broke down even with the rain slicker.
-D

I bought a GL-2 in September. I love it. I also bought a sony (vcl-hg1758) 1.7x doubler for it. It is a big lens but keeps the light coming in and takes a very nice picture. Be careful buy doublers as many are junk and will reduce the quality so much you will remove it. I video sheep mostly but have filmed some elk and mule deer. The Gl-2 takes a great pic and is easy to use.

ramslam, you are so right about the doublers. I've tried some that would only be useful on bright sunny days at midday. I have a century optics 2X. Its a 72mm lens ( filter size not power) and works well in low light. What are the upgrades of the GL2 over the GL1 ? if you dont mind me asking? I've been using a GL1 over 2 years now, mostly on deer and elk with a few yotes , lopes and turkeys thrown in. bucksnducks, check out pinnaclesys.com. you will find some good info on editing. Pinnacle studio 8 is an inexpensive and easy to use solution for editing on your PC.

Fin little
Where did you get your doubler and how much did you pay?
Does it come with a sunshade or can you attatch one to it?
Does it have a lens cover on it also?

go to canon's website for a comparison betweed gl-1 and gl-2. upgrades are minimal for the most part. the sony 1.7x doubler that i bought does come with its own cover but not a lens shade and the factory one will not fit.

bucksNducks, I bought the doubler( 2X extender) from B&H Photo. It cost me 420 dollars and did not come with a sunshade or cap. I happened to have both a sunshade and cap from an old Hi 8 camera that fit it. Thier web adress is bhphotovideo.com.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom